You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer beta 1.9.0.923

I don't know if this is a bug or not. Either way, it's no great problem.

I have three shapes, green, red and yellow, each with a 1 point stroke, and want to subtract the green shape from the red one.

I select the green and red shapes.
I click on Subtract in the toolbar.
Subtract takes place but the stroke of the resulting shape shoots up to an extremely high value.

subtract.afdesign

46 minutes ago, Eddy-2 said:

Designer beta 1.9.0.923

I don't know if this is a bug or not. Either way, it's no great problem.

I have three shapes, green, red and yellow, each with a 1 point stroke, and want to subtract the green shape from the red one.

I select the green and red shapes.
I click on Subtract in the toolbar.
Subtract takes place but the stroke of the resulting shape shoots up to an extremely high value.

subtract.afdesign 48.23 kB · 1 download

A clock? 😞

image.thumb.png.c9019ef756c780fd3c1ddedd4a06a5fa.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

8 minutes ago, Eddy-2 said:

Thanks.

I've got round the problem by reducing the stroke setting in the Stroke Panel (or from the context toolbar). Both work OK.

Then I get these corners myself? Zoomed in deeply but still.

image.png.4f6cac9007784051f433788431b0af8e.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• Staff

Hi Eddy-2,

This is an issue we're aware of and is something with development to be fixed. It is being caused by the 'Scale with Object' tickbox on the Stroke Panel. Unchecking that will prevent the stroke being scaled with the new object.
image.png
With regards to the those corners - they're present on your original file - pre-operation at every corner, so nothing unexpected with what Jowday's seeing with the results given the curve.

Same error here...

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.