You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Astrophotography Stack

The Mac beta was advertised as supporting FITS files for Astrophotography, so I would expect them to work in Windows, too.

How have you tried to use them? I would expect them to work via File > New Astrophotography Stack.

Can you provide a sample file that fails for you?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

A few days ago I downloaded some practice files to have a play with this feature. The image options box is too wide to see all the options but navigating to the directory with the FITS files showed them & I was able to load them into the stack from the Add Files button in the Astrophotograhy Stack Persona as shown in the screenshot. This was using the 927 beta build. Hope this helps. Geoff

Astrophotograpy Stack FITS Files.png

Glad to have helped Peter. I must admit it had me confused for a while! If you click F1 in the beta version to open the help files & type Astrophotography into the search bar there is quite a lot of helpful info there. Hopefully James Ritson will do one of his very helpful tutorials on the subject once version 1.9 is finally released.

• Staff
37 minutes ago, footeg said:

Hopefully James Ritson will do one of his very helpful tutorials on the subject once version 1.9 is finally released.

There will be six full-length tutorials for launch on different astrophotography workflows 🙂 (and probably more in the future).

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.