You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

boolean operation fails

2 hours ago, NevraArts said:

I know this has been an issue since ages, is there any plan to fix boolean operations?
Especially the "divide" one, which is basically UNUSABLE with curves lines, since it creates thousands unwanted and work -breaking lines levels.

Yeah, Boolean operations on a line, probably after Expanding Curves, would sometimes yield unexpected results. But sometimes using the Break function on a line/ stroke can be a better way to cut lines. Also, I find the Corner tool is handy for cleaning things up 🤷‍♂️
Suppose it depends on what your trying to achieve.

(Personally I find Expanding Curves after adjusting curves on the stroke graph to be disappointing 😢)

I mean, in illustrator this operation is as simple as it should be, and it is super useful to create shapes in seconds! I doubt a Company like Affinity (which I love) isn't able to fix this, this is why is extremely weird they still didn't do it!

(plus the infamous issue of the eternal typos corrector which corrects random right words, and it is impossible to save the setting that uncheck it)

1 hour ago, NevraArts said:

I mean, in illustrator this operation is as simple as it should be, and it is super useful to create shapes in seconds! I doubt a Company like Affinity (which I love) isn't able to fix this, this is why is extremely weird they still didn't do it!

(plus the infamous issue of the eternal typos corrector which corrects random right words, and it is impossible to save the setting that uncheck it)

I used to use Illustrator religiously, and miss a lot of functions, but had to switch to Designer because I couldn’t justify paying for Adobe’s subscription. Despite the fact I’m pining for certain features in the iOS version of Designer, it’s a great programme, from an illustration point of view at least.

• Staff
On 1/31/2021 at 8:49 AM, NevraArts said:

I know this has been an issue since ages, is there any plan to fix boolean operations?
Especially the "divide" one, which is basically UNUSABLE with curves lines, since it creates thousands unwanted and work -breaking lines levels.

We have issues logged with the developers but no timeframe to when these will be resolved, sorry.

19 hours ago, Lee D said:

We have issues logged with the developers but no timeframe to when these will be resolved, sorry.

thanks for the reply, keep in ,ind that this should be a priority, since is almost app-breaking and it is sad, since the app is great otherwise