You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will not restart after Lockup needs reboot

New beta does same as released version, if release version locks up (regularly locks up on different documents) then restarting app just goes to grey screen and does not get to studio or toolbars.

Needs reboot to start, same with this beta, would not run without restart after release version lock-up. Been happening for a few weeks and I have been hoping beta may have fixed problem

Lenovo X1 Yoga with all windows updates

4 minutes ago, KevinG said:

How do I start publisher without opening recent files?

1. Press the Ctrl key and keep it pressed until step 4.
  2. Click the application icon to start the application.
  3. Watch for a Clear User Defaults dialog. You may need to look in the Windows Taskbar and wait for the application icon to show up then click on it.
  4. Once the Clear User Defaults dialog shows up, release the Ctrl key.
  5. Leave "Don't restore windows and documents" checked, and uncheck everything else.
  6. Press Clear.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

There's something else on going on on your PC. Affinity is not the only app hanging. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Even the build-in windows explorer is affected by the same issue: 

image.png

Try creating a new user account and see if that's any better. Failing that, I'm afraid there's not much we can do, as it appears to be a system-wide issue and not an Affinity issue. 

• Staff
On 2/23/2021 at 9:31 PM, walt.farrell said:
  1. Press the Ctrl key and keep it pressed until step 4.
  2. Click the application icon to start the application.
  3. Watch for a Clear User Defaults dialog. You may need to look in the Windows Taskbar and wait for the application icon to show up then click on it.
  4. Once the Clear User Defaults dialog shows up, release the Ctrl key.
  5. Leave "Don't restore windows and documents" checked, and uncheck everything else.
  6. Press Clear.

Walt has already answered your question.

We have had an update yesterday (1.9.1) so you should be using that instead of the beta. Regardless, as mentioned above, you have a bigger problem going on on your PC causing apps to become unresponsive / crash. Try disabling your antivirus, see if it's better. If not, I suggest you get in touch with Microsoft Support and see what they say. You have a report ID for your explorer.exe hang/crash which they are responsible for. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.