You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer - crash when I want to print

I am using affinity-designer-customer-beta-1.9.0.911. I have created a simple printable image file. When I want to print my work, the program disappears without any warning (it does the same in Photo and Publisher) ... Printer drivers are Brother ... File in non-beta version - works ok ... attach files - maybe programmers will see something ... But other files with vector graphics and rasters are ok ...

1 - no beta.afdesign
1.afdesign

I can't say what the problem is but I can confirm that Designer shuts down by itself as soon as I try to print your document (1.afdesign). 

I have two Canon Printers so the problem is certainly not your printer.

The crash report is attached.

53e7f884-ec16-4163-a0d6-48e870240537.dmp

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Yup, same here using beta 923

I THINK I FIGURED IT.

All the artboards have same name - give them unique names.....

best

Edit: Nope - prints single artboard, but when none selected will crash. Sorry to get you excited. When top left artboard selected (last in the artboard list, then that one prints - any others crash)

Not sure - can't copy artboards between drawings/docs

The problem is still there in beta .927.

Changing the names of the artboards does not fix it.

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

It prints fine the first top left artboard if I change millimiters to inches in document setup. But I cannot print any of the others artboards.

-- Macbook Air 15"

This bug still exists in beta .932

-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

Hi irokiee,

Thanks for letting us know. I've reproduced it myself using both your documents and a new document with more than 1 artboard as Panchdara said. There is something incredibly odd about it as if I duplicate the document and open a second copy of it I can access the dialog, but not change the selected artboard as AlainP has mentioned.

I downloaded the new 0.932 beta version and it looks like the problem is partially gone ... the file still crashes (even overwritten in the new version) if I rename the artboards a print dialog appears (previously just AD, AF and AP disappeared) ... of course, in the stable version, the names of the artoboards do not matter and simply print ...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.