You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing cell borders within a table is... no fun...

Hi there,

I'm using Affinity Publisher for more and more things and I think it's already really great. But a few things are still annoying.

I wanted to create a huge time table for family member's video conferences (we desperately need this at the moment...). 

I came up with a big table, every second line highlighted in grey (took me a while to figure out how table formats worked, but got it). Then I've started to highlight different (partially merged) cells with 2pt borders in different colors. Turns out, this is annoying. It's kinda hard to describe, but the "Stroke and Fill" property window doesn't really work very intuitive:

- Each feature has to be selected very specifically, for example, simply clicking the box frame and then a solid line produces very different results, seemingly depending on what the cell looked like before.

- Choosing a specific color doesn't allow to choose a recently used color, this part of the window always shows black, grey and white

Is there a way to improve this behaviour?

If desired, I can try to illustrate this with a little screen video.

Cheers,
Christian aka SirWillibald

• Staff

Hi @SirWillibald,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

On 1/29/2021 at 12:05 PM, SirWillibald said:

for example, simply clicking the box frame and then a solid line produces very different results, seemingly depending on what the cell looked like before.

I'm not seeing the same results here but this certainly may be document related - could you please provide a screenshot or screen recording showing this for me? :)

On 1/29/2021 at 12:05 PM, SirWillibald said:

Choosing a specific color doesn't allow to choose a recently used color, this part of the window always shows black, grey and white

I can see that selecting a Cell Fill or Stroke colour in the Table Studio isn't adding the colour to the 'Recent Colours' list - as far as I'm aware this is a bug so I'll log it with our developers now - many thanks for your report!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...