You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys!

I have been using Affinity Designer for over a year now and just bought Affinity Photo! Really love the workflow.

I used to do all my photo graphics in Designer, but now I'm happy I have Photo. But I'm facing a serious issue. In Designer when I drop in a logo, I am able to resize it with no issue, and it looks crisp and clean. When I do the same in Photo, when I shrink it, it looks blurry. This is a REAL problem. I even tried adding text, and when i exported the image, it appeared all pixelated. I'm not sure what's going on. Am I missing something or is a setting wrong in my program?

Attached is a test graphic I exported halfway through to see if it exported properly.

Thank you!

Jesal

post-856-0-57740600-1442601013_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Jesaltriv,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This depends on the format of the file. Both JPG and PNG are raster files (composed by a fixed number of pixels) and as such are resolution dependent meaning they will lose quality if you scale them up (or down although less problematic in this case). Vector formats/data ( like SVG, EPS, AI etc) on the other hand are defined mathematically and can be scaled up/down without any quality loss. So if you have access to the logos in vector format it's preferable to use them.

Hi.

I've gone ahead and begun to convert all of my logos to EPS. But now they have a white background I can't get rid of. When I exported it from Designer, it was with a transparent background. Also, if you notice the white logo in the bottom, it is still blurry and it's a EPS file, and I really am unsure how to proceed from here. Am I overlooking something with the logos and the native text?

post-856-0-83818100-1442667800_thumb.png

• Staff

If the data you are working with in Affinity Designer are vectors then no, nothing will look blurry (except in some some situations e.g. working with small text).

Note that EPS can also handle raster data. Exporting a PNG or JPG logo as EPS will not turn it into vector data.

Can you post one of the original logo files so i can check it out?

• 1 year later...