You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboard x y position error that cause export dimensions error

Corrado

Hi,
this bug is quite old, thought it was fixed but seems like it is not or maybe I'm doing something wrong accidentally..hope you can help me figure this out.

When 2 or more artboards are on the play it happens that one of them affects somehow the position of both, changing values to decimals and making it impossible to set the position to an entire number for both.
This affect consequentially the exporting of objects  because one of the dimension of the exported objects changes (e.g. 960 x 875 change to 960 x 876).

The problem is that this thing is absolutely random - or so it seems - and that's a huge problem when you forget to double check everything you are exporting.

It's easier to understand that from the videos attached

• Staff

Hi Corrado,
I'm sorry for the delay. I still had a few other files to check before. I already have the file with me and will look at it in a moment.

Hi @Corrado,
What Affinity Designer version are you running? There's a couple things on your videos that are not behaving as i would expect and I'm not able to replicate them. Do you mind confirming if you are using v1.8.5.703? Was this file originally created in an earlier version of the program (1.7 or 1.6 etc)?

21 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @Corrado,
What Affinity Designer version are you running? There's a couple things on your videos that are not behaving as i would expect and I'm not able to replicate them. Do you mind confirming if you are using v1.8.5.703? Was this file originally created in an earlier version of the program (1.7 or 1.6 etc)?

I'm on Windows 10, running the latest Desktop version: v1.8.5.703

the file has been created and edited entirely on the latest version

• Staff

Thanks for the info @Corrado. I'm having trouble reproducing the behaviour showing in your videos. I'm assuming we are working with the exact same version of the file - can you check something for me please? If you open the file you have sent me, select the first artboard (dpzc_portfolio...) and check the X,Y coordinates - what values do you get? They should be 0,0px.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 11:30 AM, MEB said:

Thanks for the info @Corrado. I'm having trouble reproducing the behaviour showing in your videos. I'm assuming we are working with the exact same version of the file - can you check something for me please? If you open the file you have sent me, select the first artboard (dpzc_portfolio...) and check the X,Y coordinates - what values do you get? They should be 0,0px.

I needed to go on with my work, I had to workaround the issue so I modified the file right after I uploaded it to you