You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes on save and strange behavior around images

Sabz

I was working on my 200 pages book when quite a few things started acting strangely. Pictures began disappearing and randomly appearing where I hadn't inserted them. Then the document started crashing upon save and save as. I have tried deleting the master pages that I thought could be responsible, but it hasn't helped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much Gabe. I think it is a pinned object issue as it all started when I was trying to stop the text from each chapter bypassing the chapter heading page and running into the next chapter. I'm fairly new to Affinity Publisher and didn't know a better way to do this than to pin things to each other, hoping that they would flow forward together. I have tried to delete all the pins to see if the file stops being corrupt, but haven't managed to fix it. So I would really appreciate you taking a look at it. I've uploaded the file.

Edited by Sabz

Hi Gabe,

Will I hear back from the developers do you think? Or can you recommend another way for me to get this fixed?

Whatever the issue is, it's definitely before page 142 (i.e. only sections with the master pages "Chapter Names" and "Closed Eye Chapter" applied to them). I have tried deleting everything before that section and the file stops being corrupt. Then I have copy and pasted those sections  into a new file and the file becomes corrupt again. However, the strange thing is that deleting the master pages that seem to be responsible won't help... But then again, it could be nothing to do with the master pages and to do with something else I've done.

Edited by Sabz