You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guides off-canvas

Out of curiousity: Why are guides off-canvas visible when made with the Guides Manager, but not when manually dragged?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I see it here

You need to add them in Guide manager off the document to begin with

So, enter -50mm for example

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Don't get me wrong here. Sometimes I find it useful to have guides even off-canvas, so please do not remove this feature resp. make dragged guides also visible.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

I have nothing against them showing off canvas. I think the problem is the way we remove them. When you drag a guide off-canvas, it gets deleted. I don't see how else you would delete it (without accessing the resource manager).  Maybe if they become selectable and one could press Delete to get rid of them? I honestly don't know, but I think it should be consistent between the 2 methods of adding guides.  

Just now, Gabe said:

I don't see how else you would delete it (without accessing the resource manager).

Suggestion:

Dragging to canvas keeps them

Dragging back to the Rulers, deletes them

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

10 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Maybe if they become selectable and one could press Delete to get rid of them?

Would be a good method and in any case faster than dragging.

------

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.