You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Astro-stacking colour issues

Hello, thank you for finally adding the Astrophotography stacking tool to Windows version, it is amazing and really convenient.
I've just started to use it. I've just loaded light and darks, and used sigma clipping.
The result is good for S/N ration, but pretty much gray. If I try to separate colors (CTRL-U) I cannot obtain a really colorful picture. What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks!

Edit: Also I see a strange effect using RAF (xtrans matrix) raw files: at 400% I see a mosaic pattern (like if demosaicing produced some unexpected artifact). There is no help related to Astrophoto stacking... Any hint to use it better ?

Edited by Alvise

• 4 weeks later...

Edited: I realized this is in the wrong forum as this is the Beta forum. I will post in a more appropriate place.

I am very excited about the astrophotography features provided in Affinity Photo 1.9. Unfortunately I am also having an issue with Fuji RAF files. I am not getting any color as if the files are monochrome. But if I open the same RAF file as a normal Open (not Astro Stacking) it has color. Are RAF files supported for the Astrophotography features? Am I missing something?

Edited by DanBHome

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.