You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fast copying Paragraph Styles.

52 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Or you could make a Paragraph Style from the paragraph formatting and then apply that Style wherever you choose to.

That's what I do.

I do interviews. I have a paragraph style for the question, and one for the answer.. In inDesign, you can use the eyedropper to select one style, and apply it to each item, question or answer. It is a lot easier, and faster.

That sounds interesting but how is clicking on an eyedropper tool and then clicking on a 'donor' paragraph “a lot easier, and faster” than simply clicking on the Paragraph Style that you need in the Text Styles Panel? Sounds like double the amount of clicking to me.
(I’ve never used Illustrator so I don’t know how that software should be used.)

As I said it's almost the same, but the Illustrator method is more visual, so one has not to remember what style was used. Hm, I think I would love to have this kind of pickupability (if this is a word) for selecting brushes which I've used but can't remember...

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

That sounds interesting but how is clicking on an eyedropper tool and then clicking on a 'donor' paragraph “a lot easier, and faster” than simply clicking on the Paragraph Style that you need in the Text Styles Panel? Sounds like double the amount of clicking to me.
(I’ve never used Illustrator so I don’t know how that software should be used.)

You can check this link. Use the Eyedropper tool to easily style text | Adobe InDesign tutorials.

That's what I use in inDesign. A similar function could be great in Affinity Publisher.

Have a great and safe day.

Thanks for the extra info’.
I watched the video and it does look like it would be useful if – as in Illustrator – it also had the options to say which things to copy over, but maybe in the Context Toolbar instead of a double-click-to-see-it modal window.
All-in-all, sounds good to me.

That's really missing here. Using eyedropper is especially useful with character styles, like you have a certain size, width or spacing and want to apply it to a few words later on without creating a new style. Hope this function is coming at some point. For bigger projects it's of course better to work with many styles.