You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shadows and Highlights filter (legacy 1.6) causes artifacts in conjunction with OpenCL Hardware Acceleration

The current beta (in fact the last one suffered from the same issue) shows artifacts when using the Shadows & Highlights filter (legacy 1.6, live filter as well as normal filter) while OpenCL hardware acceleration is active. Deactivating hardware acceleration fixes the issue.

Btw: It's only the legacy version of the filter that shows these artifacts, the standard version seems to be fine.

P.S. I'd love to upload a screenshot but unfortunately I cannot upload my .jpg files (an error message saying "-200" appears). I'd love to document this error message with another screenshot but: "-200" 😉

I uploaded 3 files: Two screenshots to document the issue and one afphoto file. To reproduce the error simply open the file with the latest beta, add a legacy 1.6 shadows & highlights filter and play with the sliders. Make sure that OpenCL hardware acceleration is active.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
2 minutes ago, altae said:

I just wanted to let you know that the issue is still present in 1.9.2.997.

thanks I have updated the report

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.