You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forum.

Usually the content packs you purchase from the Affinity Store provide instructions for use. Without having the exact name of the pack, and knowing for sure that it came from the Affinity Store, I can't confirm that for your purchase, and I'll have to guess a bit.

If you have JPG files then they are probably intended to be used by File > Place or File > Open. But, alternatively:

• having Placed a file into a document, you would be able to select one of them and use "Add from Selection" from the setting (hamburger) menu in the Asset panel's subcategory.
    or
  • you could drag a JPG file from File Explorer into an Asset panel subcategory.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt. Thanks for responding. I bought the 525 Mystical Lights Overlay collection. When I click Import Assets, File Explorer looks for .afassets' but doesn't see the files.  The files are there if I just go to File Explorer, not with the Asset panel, but are .jpegs. I can drag a file onto a document, but not the folder to the asset panel. Sure hope I do not have to drag 525 files one at a time ......

Well that 525 Mystical Lights Overlay collection tells ...

What’s included:

• Prism Distortion – 100 overlays (in .afassets and JPG format)
  • Enigmatic Lights – 85 overlays (in .afassets and JPG format)
  • Art of The Bokeh – 70 overlays (in .afassets and JPG format)
  • Analog Lights – 70 overlays (in .afassets and JPG format)
  • Light Leaks – 50 overlays (in .afassets and JPG format)
  • Optical Dispersions – 50 overlays (in .afassets and JPG format)
  • Alive Lights – 50 overlays (in .afassets and JPG format)
  • Sunlight & Sundust – 50 overlays (in .afassets and JPG format)
  • JPG files are 4000 x 2666px 300 dpi
  • Mystical Lights .afmacros (Affinity Photo only)
  • 'How to use overlays' PDF guide with detailed instructions

... so in order to place assets from that into the Assets Panel, you should use the supplied .assets files. - Check if there were on the your Affinity store site account for bought products (or whatever they call it) possibly multiple different zip-files to download and if you missed some related download file!

Otherwise check with some unzip tool the contents of the zip-archive, if there are also other entries beside jpg files included, like the .afassets, .afmacros and PDF files!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

525 Mystical Lights comes with several additional files in the Resources section, which some users miss. Down at the bottom of the list of files in your store account you'll see this:

image.png.5acb3fe88a4000e8bec852f5b86a436d.png

In this case, the Tutorials PDF file tells you how to deal with the image files, assets files, etc.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1