You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Electricity/lightning effects

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

All as PS abr-file brushes.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Spend more money to make money and produce lightning bolts for life, make your own brush sets and let eye candy pay for itself.

image.png.350203631eede2fc11f72215fb23ee73.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Spend more money to make money and produce lightning bolts for life, make your own brush sets and let eye candy pay for itself.

Thanks, but how do what you posted in the image? I don't see that effect anywhere.

15 hours ago, pcdlibrary said:

Affinity Store: 

50% OFF 102 Lightning Brushes by xresch

Was $15.00. Buy now for only $7.00

Nice, thanks!

14 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

Thanks, but how do I do that?

"first defence" is referring to a plugin called "Eye Candy" (but it is a bit pricy)!

IMHO the Lightening Brushes are good value at $7.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

25 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

"first defence" is referring to a plugin called "Eye Candy" (but it is a bit pricy)!

OK, thanks.

Looked at that but it seems to be for Photoshop, not Affinity.

Yes I am trying the lightning brushes and they are good, especially with the styles.

Just now, Mr Lucky said:

A lot (but by no means all) Photoshop Plug-ins do work in Affinity. I don't use Eye Candy myself, but I assume that, as "firstdefence" recommended it, it does . 😀

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

42 minutes ago, Mr Lucky said:

OK, thanks.

Yes I am trying the lightning brushes and they are good, especially with the styles.

I have eye candy working on both windows and Mac in Affinity, there is a slight glitch in the previews of effects in so much as the preview flips vertically but the effect is applied correctly. On windows eye candy works in the latest retail release on Mac it will work in the 1.9 beta's.  

Yes it's pricey but you don't have to sell many brush sets to get your money back, take the lightning brushes above $89 for eye candy, $7 for the brush set (on offer) You only need to sell about 14 brush sets and after that it's all profit.

2 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I have eye candy working on both windows and Mac in Affinity, there is a slight glitch in the previews of effects in so much as the preview flips vertically but the effect is applied correctly. On windows eye candy works in the latest retail release on Mac it will work in the 1.9 beta's.  

OK, thanks I might wait for 1.9on Mac release then, I imagine working with upside down preview is not easy.

2 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Yes it's pricey but you don't have to sell many brush sets to get your money back, take the lightning brushes above $89 for eye candy, $7 for the brush set (on offer) You only need to sell about 14 brush sets and after that it's all profit.

I'm not sure what you mean by selling brush sets? I want this to add effects to my images, I don't sell things.

The preview isn't all the time, I'll make a short video demonstrating it.

Re brush sets if you wanted to make your money back from spend what is approx 10x the cost of a brush set, you can create affinity brush sets and sell them, else make them and give them away in the resources section. The reason I mention selling is as an avenue to recoup expenditure.

Eye Candy Flip Glitch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to get the Eye Candy filter to work but I'm not getting anything apart from it being available in the menu (no Eye Candy UI at all). I've just been linking Affinity Photo 1.9 to the Photoshop Plugin folder the filter resides in. I'm running a slightly older Eye Candy version (7.2.3.96) but seem to be getting slightly less far as everyone else. Could anyone who is running the filter tell me the process they've taken to get the filter working and where they've been locating the filter (is it installed somewhere specifically away from Photoshop?). Also, the version numbers for filter and Affinity app. Thanks