You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V1.85......  Windows 10 desktop PC.

The Clone brush tool does not react. When trying to remove an item/object/blemish it does not happen.  I did a repair on the programme and the first time i used Clone tool it worked. the second time i tried it it did not and will not do so. Any suggestions please.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Have you checked the Context Toolbar settings for Opacity, Flow, etc?

Did you select a clone source?

Have you checked which brush you're using?

Have you checked to make sure you're working on a (Pixel) layer?

Can you provide a screenshot of the workspace including the Context Toolbar and the Layers panel?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks. If you click the More button on the Context Toolbar what does your brush look like?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

13 hours ago, Alan Caddick said:

on the far right is a very small arrow, when  i click it i get the layer option? surely this should be in the main menu. it has solved the problem for now.

It is in the main menu! I think the problem is that you either have a small monitor, or the wrong screen resolution. The whole of the Toolbar and Context Toolbar can't fit on the width of your screen, so you have to use the drop down menu on the right in order to see the other options. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff
2 hours ago, Alan Caddick said:

Shot as requested. I don't understand why the context bar is different from other views I have seen?

You have changed the text size in Windows Settings (Ease of Access, Display) which makes the context toolbar longer than usual due to the size of the labels/menus etc. If you set the text size to 100% it should look like the screenshots you have seen. To fix it, click the Windows icon (Start), select Settings (on the leftmost column right above the Windows icon), select Ease of Access, Display section (which is the one selected by default) and set the text slider on the right column on top to 100% (drag it all to the left) then click the Apply button below.

Regarding the brush not being active, go to the Color panel and check if the Opacity (for the color) on the bottom is set to 0%. If so set it to 100%. See screenshot below for reference:

color_panel.jpg

2 hours ago, PaulEC said:

It is in the main menu! I think the problem is that you either have a small monitor, or the wrong screen resolution. The whole of the Toolbar and Context Toolbar can't fit on the width of your screen, so you have to use the drop down menu on the right in order to see the other options. 

Many thanks. Solved. I have changed the settings and all is well now.

Alan Caddick