You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Combining parts of images onto one

Thanks to all for your help.  I've used a single image and made red, blue and green copies.   Using a B&W background copy, the four areas of light have been brought into a single image using an invert mask,  (something which dose not seem to happen in AF) This has all been done using Adobe Elements 12; problem solved.

green.jpg

B&W.jpg

blue.jpg

red.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 09.09.56.png

3 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

You can use masks in Photo to achieve the same thing.

2033132418_ScreenShot2021-01-30at7_00_55AM.png.a13c652a948080adff92564c3efc75b8.png

Exactly there is absolutely nothing in elements that you can't do in AF and as a photographer good luck with start to end 16bit non destructive workflow and embedded ICC print profiles.

Have to say it does feel like there is a certain amount of baiting going on here.

Is it the effect of light and not the actual spray graphic you want displayed?

image.png.343e91a3d689f2464c9ec2c61a960a7b.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for your reply FirstDefence.  No,  I am looking to bring 4/5  all taken of the same still life.  Each one will have different amounts of light applied to one section (all different).  I am then just trying to use a B&W base layer and add then add different lights sections from the other images... in effect I am trying to get my head around starting 'Light Painting'.  I should then end up with the red, blue and green (for example) on the same B&W layer. I've only seen this done in PS & Elements and I know that AF will do it, its just that i've tried with and without masks, I've tried with invert masks, i've tried with the Base B&W image at the top of the stack and I've tried with it at the bottom.  Each time I try to bring in more than on light sourse, I only get one showing, ie they are not additive.  Regards Terry

Using blend mode and in particular the Lighten Blend mode displays an identical effect in a simpler way. The layers are in a group for neatness and it is not particularly necessary to have the layers in a group to obtain the effect.

image.png.4986244b5cbbf7bb4bb774ab20d54973.png

Added for better comparison
image.png.252ee1bda04f364d5fe04559c61ede6b.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions