You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fixing the horizon in Affinity

Hello.  I'm very new with the software and have so many questions.  I will keep it to just one for today.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to alter my horizon line  in this software.  There is a tool you can use in Photoshop and in Lightroom a nifty profile correction tab.  I have shot a series of bracketed photos  and used Photomatix Pro to blend the exposures as a single .TIFF .  I open the image in Affinity and it goes right to the Photo persona and I can't figure out the way to straighten my horizon.  I'm sure it is staring me right in the face.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Also, I have heard rumors that a full on instruction manual was forthcoming sometime this year.  Does anyone know if that is still the case?  Thanks a bunch!  The image I am trying to tinker with is included in this post.  

Tom

Thank you very much Leigh!  That was very helpful.  While I have your ear...one other question.  In LR I was used to having on the right side menu bar a "Lens Correction" tab that allowed me to make corrections for vertical/horizontal or even lens specific distortion corrections.  Does Affinity have such a tab or is that only available when you are importing a RAW file and using the develop module?  I am learning how Affinity works but moving a tiny bit slow.  I appreciate the tips!!

Well I think your suggestion helped me.  I had some trouble figuring out how to link the file to these posts but have sorted that out too.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8rc8b143o4t8xz/Arches%20NP%20Delicate%20Arch%20w%20Scale%20horizon%20crop.jpg?dl=0

This is the file I wanted to show to figure out how to correct for the horizon.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thank you very much Leigh!  That was very helpful.  While I have your ear...one other question.  In LR I was used to having on the right side menu bar a "Lens Correction" tab that allowed me to make corrections for vertical/horizontal or even lens specific distortion corrections.  Does Affinity have such a tab or is that only available when you are importing a RAW file and using the develop module?  I am learning how Affinity works but moving a tiny bit slow.  I appreciate the tips!!

It's only available in the Develop Persona but you can jump back into the Develop Persona at any time to use the Lens Correction Tool :) 

• Staff

Well I think your suggestion helped me.  I had some trouble figuring out how to link the file to these posts but have sorted that out too.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8rc8b143o4t8xz/Arches%20NP%20Delicate%20Arch%20w%20Scale%20horizon%20crop.jpg?dl=0

This is the file I wanted to show to figure out how to correct for the horizon.  

Nice picture :)

• 2 weeks later...