You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Levels Adjustment & Curves Adjustment

p_mac

I have been using the Levels adjustment to find sensor spots on my images.  This was working very well until I did the following.  I duplicated the image where I had already used this technique (for another reason) and deleted all the layers except initial one.  Then this happened.  

I went back to the original and the levels adjustment is still working as it should.  

When I am testing the new betas I like to go back to images that I have used on all.  This image was used to test the first panorama stitch with 6 images.  The improvement is well noted.  The Fill of the transparent areas is impressive as well, but the first time I did it with the grow/shrink I had some problems with the amount that I had always used previously so what I was doing was retrying it.  It worked well at 5 points.  But then I thought that I would see about the levels technique I use with Grey - Intensity and found this.  I have no explanation for this so thought that I would pass it on.  As well the image was very  stubborn when I was trying to save and close.  And it stayed in grey.

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, Gabe said:

Hi @p_mac

Thanks for spotting this. Issue logged 

I spotted this issue in January, posted Jan 14, for the beta version that was current at that time.  Since that time this issue was fixed.  

In this latest release which is not a beta release but a current release it now acting not as it is supposed to or has reverted back to a bug.

To label my post in the latest release, not a beta release, then asking me to [bump] something in the beta bug problems doesn’t make sense to me as it happened in this thread several beta release ago. 

You have not logged this as an issue in the latest release App Store release by using [duplicate] and pointing to a beta problem in January that was resolved then is now a problem again.

• 3 weeks later...

First reported as you can see in the Beta version of January 25, 2021.  

This is affecting both the levels and curves adjustment.  

It is May 1, 2021, release version 1.9.2 and still not fixed.  I am amazed that no one else has made a reference to this issue.  I am bumping this in the Beta section because Gabe keeps telling me that my post in the release version is [DUPLICATE].  

There are four colour spaces involved and neither of the adjustment are usable in these colour spaces.  

Please fix this.  

• Staff

@p_mac

I see that the Levels Adjustment and Curves Adjustment are both currently reported as broken using your recipe.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, p_mac said:

Since that time this issue was fixed.

An issue raised in beta that still exists in release is not unusual, but I understand you making a new thread in the bugs forum if you think this was fixed for a while and now is rebroken and affects curves as well. Which version do you think temporarily fixed this issue?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

An issue raised in beta that still exists in release is not unusual, but I understand you making a new thread in the bugs forum if you think this was fixed for a while and now is rebroken and affects curves as well. Which version do you think temporarily fixed this issue?

Thanks for responding Patrick, and to be honest I have been reporting this issue for four months.  I don’t really remember when I thought that it was fixed, it quite possibly wasn’t.  This issue is very erratic, in that the first colour space that is selected often works well, but then when switching to another, it retains the last colour space settings.  This may be the reason that I thought it was fixed.  But if you view my latest screen capture that I posted in the locked post in bug on iPad, you will see just how it is responding. 

I think that these, Levels and Curves are rather important adjustments but I have not known exactly whether anybody has noticed because of the inappropriate way that my posts have been treated.  

So that you know, I was the one that was hounding you about the issue with the View tool with respect to the fact that long-press was not bringing up the menu and therefore we were not able to deselect without changing to another tool.  Please note that the same moderator also removed the post to duplicate: by design.  This issue has now been fixed.

I am hoping that this issue will be fixed soon.

Thanks for responding.

• Staff

I will merge that other post with the new recording into this thread to keep it all in one place (and moved this post out of the beta section for others to find)

20 minutes ago, p_mac said:

Please note that the same moderator also removed the post to duplicate: by design.  This issue has now been fixed

You were certainly not alone in thinking this was in need of reporting. Many users posted the same about the long press issue. To be fair, QA were told by the developer they made the change to long press on purpose, so we represented that by informing you it was "by design", which is what QA do whether we agree with the change or not. Subsequently that decision was reviewed and the issue "fixed". QA do not make design decisions, merely report them.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon