You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

THE NUMBER OF TABS AVAILABLE IN PUBLISHER

Click on the + (just under "Tab Stops") to add more stops.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

One comment: This would probably be better in the desktop questions forum, rather than the Publisher Beta forum which is more intended for discussion of new functions already added to the beta, or of issues caused by the beta.

For your question: I have no trouble adding 12 tabs via that panel, at least using the 1.9 beta on Windows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

22 minutes ago, Lannoy said:

The tabs pane within the paragraphs panel shows 9 available tabs. The  present job I'm working on has a 12 tab requirement. How can I see more tabs, eg. extend the tab stops panel? (pic attached)2107485018_Screenshot2021-01-24at16_59_31.png.74391a0c182a943caa4a2bfc3fb3a069.png

Looks like a bug or usability issue. You cannot scroll. That section of the panel has a max height and without a scroll bar you just cannot see the additional tabs.

Does resizing the panel or dragging it away from the other panels (so it is floating on its own) re-enable the scrollbar?

image.png.e674e98646c2bbc84bcc3f5cf348c525.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

47 minutes ago, Lannoy said:

Exactly! I have no scroll bar!

That is lannoying 😄

Try this in this order:

1. View -> Studio -> Reset studio
  2. Start Publisher holding down Control (also in Mac) and select 'Reset Studio' only
    image.png.b6e41d047b3e7fd6c12b526f5886dfc4.png
  • "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

I have a scroll bar for that...  and the scroll wheel works in a "blank" part of the scrollable area.

Before jumping through the hoops of resetting everything you might want to check to see if you have "Show Scroll Bars" set to "Always" in the "General" section of "System Preferences" as they do disappear for me if that is set to the other options.

If all else fails, you could show the Text Ruler (View Menu) and add tabs manually to that. Maybe not ideal, but at least a work around to get the job done.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

4 hours ago, Lannoy said:

SOLVED!

After resetting a few bits and bobs  I now have the scroll bars!

Great - any idea what reset exactly made it work?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.