You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Re-install Affinity Photo to Mac

When I first started using Affinity it was on a MacBook.  I then got rid of the Mac and purchased an iPad Pro which I have been using for a year or so, well.....I am back to MacBook (long story), but when I go to look for Purchased Apps, I only seem to find the iPad version to install.

Is it different ?, and if not, why does it say iPad on the opening screen ?

My Affinity files are on the iPad, any advice on how to port them over to the MacBook

MacBook is running latest OS Big Sur 11.1

Thanks very much 

Did you perhaps purchase the Mac version from the Affinity Store? :/

As for transferring your files, you should be able to do that either via iCloud or by using AirDrop.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

42 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Did you perhaps purchase the Mac version from the Affinity Store? :/

As for transferring your files, you should be able to do that either via iCloud or by using AirDrop.

It's is entirely possible I did, it was quite a while ago....

Nope, I actually have the receipt email from Apple - purchased March 31, 2018

2 minutes ago, jimfastcar said:

It's is entirely possible I did, it was quite a while ago....

Look in https://affinity.store/account/downloads and see if you find your application there. If so, it will have the download link and the product key and email info you will need to get it registered.

Or, make sure you're signing in to the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID you used for your original purchase, if you don't find it in the Affinity Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Sounds like you've got one of the new M1 (Apple Silicon) MacBooks.  App Store Purchases can be toggled to show native Mac apps or your mobile apps.  There's a simple toggle, shown below: 

2021-01-24_16-08-01.thumb.png.04b500321f32a33db958750dee848ac2.png

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

Sorry for the inexperience, attached are a couple of screenshots.

The first is Affinity on the Mac, the second is on the iPad - when I open Affinity on the iPad it opens with the saved pictures and I click on the + sign to import a new one to be edited.

It looks like I do have the Mac version on the Mac, but grateful for confirmation.

Thanks 

E2FC78F3-A7D0-4692-B35E-91CE692242AD.png

F9DEF65B-244D-4281-B3CA-334EAAAD83E2.png

That looks fine to me.  I'm pretty certain that Serif have specifically prevented the iPad versions from being downloaded onto the new Apple Silicon machines, so I don't think you could have done what you were concerned that you had.  (At least, not without doing something like side-loading, which I've seen some discussion about - but if you had done that, you'd know and you wouldn't be here asking these questions! 😀)

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

Please forgive me, I am restarting everything......

I do have the Mac version on the Mac !  I have gone back to my Udemy tutorials and started from scratch as the Mac interface is so different from iPad one.

File > Open.  The only pics I am seeing are the edited.jpg format pictures not my RAW pics which are visible in the Photos App on the iPad.  Is this a question of creating a default in Affinity for where to search for the picture to be edited ?  I use a Sony camera and do not know the extension of the Sony RAW file, is that it ?   

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Desmond Traynor said:

Hi , i am trying to re install affinity photo back to my mac M1, but i don't know were to start . can you help

It depends on where you purchased the application (Mac App Store, Affinity Store) but basically you login to the Store with the same credentials you originally used and you'll be able to re-download or install the application from there.

For the Affinity Store you would login at https://affinity.store/account/downloads and you'll find the application and the email address and product key you may need during the reinstall.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1