You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

uiux my opinion

hi, thanks for affinity photo, i used adobe more than 15 years, and several days ago i buy this program, and i have some comment about it.

1. why personas in menu file placed first? when i open affinity photo i need waste time to search where my "New...".
i cant open "personas" - "any" before not make new image, so why it need be in first place in menu?

1026469990_1menupersonas.jpg.36f5650786973936b14a69f3d3abbfcd.jpg

2. why every time when i open new image, selected "view tool"?

i have mouse with scroll button, it works like as "view tool", and i not need this selection "view tool" every time, i want switch off it and using "move tool" or my last selected tool

1621231366_2viewtool.jpg.118acd2fc183c765618e6dff1e4481a0.jpg

3. why when i copying "print screen" or other image to affinity photo i need every time clicking to "resterize" for select and copy selected peace of image? 

"print screen" and other jpg png images already raster

790323272_3resterize.jpg.056ce4d59c9619dfe09db531296eb5df.jpg

4. if i make print screen and make new image in affinity photo it cant see resolution of image in windows clipboard

its really useful and saves time

1157046676_4resolution.jpg.bafd0ca158e62c832ec545f4dd2b0db2.jpg

thanks

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @rbkv.

For #4, I think you want File > New from Clipboard, rather than File > New.

For #3: Affinity keeps pasted images in a layer format called (Image) rather than in (Pixel) format. This helps preserve more of the data for later use. But if you need to work with part of the pasted image, or with its individual pixels, yes, you will need to rasterize the layer first.

You will find many things that don't work as the Adobe applications work. You will need to get used to this and learn the new program. It is not intended to be a clone of any Adobe product.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Clone or not; bad usability is bad usability. 🙂

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

9 minutes ago, Jowday said:

Clone or not; bad usability is bad usability. 😉

What is that suppose to mean? That's no different than wanting to use the statement, water is water. It's obvious you don't like Serif's Affinity products. I've seen numerous posts where you chime in to do nothing more then attack them. While someone may not like certain aspects of the program(s), it doesn't mean it's bad or wrong. In fact I argue that it is right. Why? Because Serif developed the program and that's the way they made it.

It seems the majority of the people posting Feature requests, want nothing more than it to be identical to Photoshop. Well so far they haven't pulled Photoshop off the market. 😉

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

7 minutes ago, rbkv said:

why that blue markers so big for small elements?

You can change the size of the adjustment handles via ‘Preferences > Tools options’. If that still doesn’t help, try zooming in.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 hours ago, rbkv said:

1. why personas in menu file placed first? when i open affinity photo i need waste time to search where my "New...".
i cant open "personas" - "any" before not make new image, so why it need be in first place in menu?

You can associate certain files with Affinity such as JPG files for APhoto.

Double clicking on a JPG file in File Manager will then automatically open APhoto and have that file opened. You may then decide to go straight into one of the other personas to do further work on it.

There is therefore no need to start every project with "New..."

8 minutes ago, rbkv said:

5. why that blue markers so big for small elements? can i off it?

You can change their size in Edit > Preferences > Tools

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

31 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

In fact I argue that it is right. Why? Because Serif developed the program and that's the way they made it.

A user experience designer would fortunately have a more mature and professional approach. Tragic that neither you or Serif will get any insight in their work and in the value they add to a product.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

2 hours ago, rbkv said:

Please, read and respect forum rules. Thanks.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/52-feature-requests-suggestions/

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

10 minutes ago, rbkv said:

dont spam pls, its my feedback about usability, moderator can delete this if he wants

Hello @rbkv  If you would perhaps look at the link @Pšenda provided, you would see that he is referring you to one of the forum rules that Serif asks of us all to only suggest one issue per post.   In this topic stream you are now up to 5 -- each unrelated to the others.  This makes it very difficult for Affinity developers to sort out any further comments that might be posted here for issue 1, issue 2, issue 3, issue 4, or issue 5.  You of course do not know it, but @Pšenda has been a very respected, and extremely helpful user of Affinity products since at least 2017.  He is most certainly not a spammer.   I know that in this era of Covid-19 lockdowns and all of its disruptions we are all a bit on edge, and understandably a little impatient.   Hopefully as you learn Photo over the next few weeks you will be as delighted that you have made the switch from Adobe as I am.  I used their products and precursors for 32 years and send my thanks to the heavens every day for Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher.  And their developers are only getting started!!!   😊

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9