You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Repeated crashes

Hey. So on a file with a ton of layers but relatively small canvas, I experienced repeated crashes. I removed unnecessary groups of layers onto a separate file but things got increasingly worse regardless, even after reducing the canvas size further. This however is not a common issue, so I don’t know what’s up. It even crashed when I received a mail notification (although admittedly that could be coincidence). I updated the iOS which I had neglected to do and it made no difference. I have been having issues with backing up my iPad to the cloud (a clusterf*** of epic proportions with Apple claiming I need 100gb to backup a 16gb iPad with 5gb of cloud storage used 🤪), can’t imagine this is contributing, but thought I’d mention it just in case.

I would normally persevere a little more before coming to you guys, but I have a backlog of work and files to send.

Also, a separate subject. I love your apps but their price is too low. This isn’t a complement at all, it is a pragmatic request that you find a method of enabling your developers to keep up with the competition and allow for updates and features regularly requested on this forum and more. Yes, one of the reasons why I love your programs is that the bang for the buck is incredible and a stark contrast to Adobe’s bs business strategy.... but, you need to develop an understanding of your worth! Creatives generally struggle with this, myself included. I would happily pay more for your time, and I KNOW I’m not alone.

thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, if you haven’t yet done so, I suggest a hard reset of your iPad to clear out ram. Hold the power switch off until you get the shut down slider. Shut it down, then power back on. There’s a known pencil bug where drawing rapid strokes results in crashing but this has been fixed in the current beta (RC2) and should be available before too long.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/