You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New e-mail address after purchases of all 3 packs

Hello Affinity Service Team, I did not get any responds on my mails that was sent November 20, 2020... 

I had an issue after working with a SSD installment on a older Linux driven PC.
My Windows 7 PRO (that I still prefer to stick to) failed to boot. My Windows installment had to be restored to the original factory state. I bit a labor had to be undertaken as I have substantial amount of software driven by this platform.

As I came to the Affinity packages that I surely enjoy and recommend to others that are pensioned from the Adobe cash machine environment. (due to environment of pension life - little less cash - but still eagerness to perform equally)

When I started to reinstall the purchased packages from Affinity, I successfully did so with Publisher and Designer.
These are the two I mostly work with as I am mostly a vector based engineer doing lot of accurate drawings updates.

When I got to the Photo (that I initially was purchasing on the recommendation of Mr. explaingcomputers.com
Great guy by the way (especially on Linux and SBC).

Well, this initial purchase failed to reinstall.

Please supply me a remedy to reinstall this software that I really feel satisfy my Adobe Photoshop experience from their version uno.

Please give my a gateway to the Photo pixel solution again....

The second mail I sent (same day) November 20, 2020 kl. 9:58 PM

I forgot to tell that my user account has a new mail address:

That is not  julian.beyer@nessetpost.no (discontinued mail server outside my control)
Instead please note that Apple has indeed taken over: julianbeyer@icloud.com

Very truly yours,
Julian Beyer

1 hour ago, Julian Beyer said:

My Windows 7 PRO (that I still prefer to stick to) failed to boot. My Windows installment had to be restored to the original factory state.

Please note that the Affinity apps will only run on Windows 7 if you have Service Pack 1 and the Platform Update installed. You should also have Aero enabled.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Also, did the install fail, or did it install but then fail to start?

In either case, please describe more of the symptoms.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your answers so far - but as both Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher has been OK since my Win 7 PRO restore (Same PC/Motherboard/SSD) the Photo

should be reinstalled likewise? The error message is given on verification process is: Invalid details - because when I purchased the Photo app I had a different e-mail address from a provider that closed their business. I recon that that Affinity checks against the original purchase parameters,  including the e-mail address - there is a mismatch that

I asked you to resolve - by updating my previously valid e-mail address (which is inoperative/terminated by provider) - to my new email address.

If you read (again) the last lines in my posting you see my new e-mail address that is and has been fully functional over the period.

To the last post from Walt: The download of the Affinity Photo went like it should - quite analog to the 2 other packages (which I have used almost daily since) but when I had to verify the installation after download - it failed to verify my installation - with the notification mentioned. I will try to attach the screendump from this incident.   

7 minutes ago, Julian Beyer said:

The error message is given on verification process is: Invalid details - because when I purchased the Photo app I had a different e-mail address from a provider that closed their business.

The product key is tied to the email address which was used at the time of purchase. Don’t worry about the fact that it’s no longer a valid email address: just enter it in the box as you did originally.

Alfred spacer.png

Thanks.

You should edit your post and remove the attachment (or blur the email address and product key. (Or maybe a moderator will do that.)

They cannot update the email address associated with your purchase. You mus specify the original email address when you need to reinstall. But that email address is not used for anything except validating the installation, so it does not matter if it is still a usable email address or not.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hello again,

As I some weeks ago also dispatched an e-mail on this matter, I now tried to re-validate the installation with my new e-mail address (active) instead of my discontinued one. This to check if the requested update had been done. But no change appeared. At this moment I got a new post..... 

You cannot validate the installation with a new email address. You must use the discontinued one.

Edit: I’ve just re-read your original post. It would appear that the nessetpost.no address is the discontinued address (and therefore the correct one to use for that installation) so I don’t understand why it’s rejected if the product key is correct.

Alfred spacer.png

Thank you both for this, but - NOPE - That was of course what I originally did and have retried a couple of times - with the same mismatch re-apprearing.

I have experienced this earlier ie. on net auction sites. The remedy had been to established a new account, etc. Latest similar problem appeared on Skype account.

Well as this is not a big deal - so "here is the deal" (from Mr.Biden) If I buy the package again - will you kick back my expences? 

Thank you again both of you,

Now I have reset my browser. downloaded the current day package Affinity Photo. Had a new try of verification using the original e-mail posting on the day of purchase. But this did not remedy the problem. I went in to update the account data and successfully changed to the new address again, as this should point on the only currently valid address used for all my correspondence, and also used purchasing the two other applications (The vector package and presentation package) Any more suggestions other than a re-purchase?

18 minutes ago, Julian Beyer said:

If I buy the package again - will you kick back my expences?

I doubt that Serif would do that.

Have you visited https://affinity.store/account/downloads or https://affinity.store/account/ordersand verified you're using the email address and product key shown there?

-- Walt
PC: