You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On Mac desktop using Big Sur 11.1 and Affinity Publisher 1.8.6. Trying to export a 32 page newsletter and keep getting message stating Error occurred when exporting. No way of seeing what error or what caused the error. Should say that I have been using Publisher since it came out and this is the first time I have had problems.Any help appreciated as printer is waiting for the pdf.

• Staff

Hi @Robin Gurney,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I can confirm this is a known issue on Big Sur and has recently been fixed in our latest beta versions. I have seen confirmation of this in Designer, but not in Publisher yet.

Can you please download the beta from the below link and install this alongside your retail version (so that you have 2 versions of Publisher installed), then try exporting your PDF from the beta?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Glad to hear this!

19 minutes ago, Robin Gurney said:

What do I do with the BETA ?  Use it for the next issue or continue with the purchased version? 

The choice is yours, the beta contains new features and optimisations (as well of course as bug fixes) however as it's a beta version we don't recommend doing any critical work, the below is from the beta post -

we strongly recommend that you do not use this beta for real work as data could be lost and the files you save are not guaranteed to open in previous or future versions of Affinity Publisher.

We hope to soon be able to release this version to the retail build, however we have no steadfast date currently.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Robin Gurney  Just in case the retail build for 1.9  is not ready in time for your next issue, why not keep the Beta, but create your issue using v. 1.8.6, save it, open it again using the Beta and do the export.  Since anything created in the Beta may not be backwards compatible,  if you have any glitches you would have to start all over again.   Glad to know about this workaround!😊

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Marek Šmidrkal,

Welcome to the forums :)

Many thanks for the log file provided, this shows the following error -

PDF_load_image(p_0x000002740B4A4CF0, "jpeg", "C:\\Users\\Marek Å midrkal\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\Affinity\\Publisher\\1.0\\PdfIm_4798.jpg", /*c*/0, " ignoremask=true colorize={spotname {PANTONE 648 U} 1.0 {rgb 0.305882 0.384314 0.509804}}")
[Warning message 2309: "Option 'colorize': spot color 'PANTONE 648 U' already has an alternative color"]
[Last exception 2414 in PDF_load_image]["Can't colorize image 'C:\Users\Marek Å midrkal\AppData\Local\Temp\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\PdfIm_4798.jpg' with more than 1 component"]

Unfortunately this isn't an error I've seen previously, and therefore I would like to request a copy of your Publisher document.

Can you please upload this to the below link for me, then once this is completed please reply here to let me know. With your reply here, please include a screenshot of your PDF export settings, including the 'More' options -

https://www.dropbox.com/request/2AsrvweRqhjZ3wwZqx7l

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

Many thanks!

Thank you, @Dan C for your reply.

I've uploaded Publisher document. Here's screen of export settings:

export-sett.jpg.3910fbc30ce13f8e98e2a0ac59cd1ceb.jpg

There's obviously problem with images on pages 86-87. They're in greyscale and I've colorized them with pantone right in Publisher. I did exactly the same thing at the beginning of the document and export for this pages works.

Sincerely,
Marek

• Staff

Many thanks for your file!

32 minutes ago, Marek Šmidrkal said:

There's obviously problem with images on pages 86-87. They're in greyscale and I've colorized them with pantone right in Publisher. I did exactly the same thing at the beginning of the document and export for this pages works.

This is very helpful information, thank you. Could you please upload a few of the linked images from these pages (86-87) to the above link? As these resources are 'missing' for me on this page, I cannot test the export - thanks once again :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 3 months later...