You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to hide context toolbar?

In Affinity Photo on iPad 8th generation I find the extra menu at the bottom very distracting when I don't actually want to use it. Is there any way to hide it? I can hide all the other toolbars, but that box is always visible, and it's driving me nuts.

Thank you for helping me out.

- Rora

background.jpg

Ah, I just found someone else's issues where one of the replies demonstrated exactly how to do this. In case someone in the future struggles to figure this out just like I did, you simply double tap the fullscreen button (top-right), and it hides the bottom toolbar as well. 😋

Edited by RoraRaptor
explained where the fullscreen button can be found

3 hours ago, Blunk said:

Sure double tap it... but then you move your handpalm across the panel and the menu pops right back 

So far I haven't experienced that, but I guess it depends a lot on how you hold your pen and how you rest your palm on the tablet. There's still room for improvement at least, it sounds like. 😋

7 hours ago, Blunk said:

Sure double tap it... but then you move your handpalm across the panel and the menu pops right back 

Have you turned on Touch for Gestures only? I can drag my palm across screen without invoking context menu.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

5 hours ago, DM1 said:

Have you turned on Touch for Gestures only? I can drag my palm across screen without invoking context menu.

Yes I have, it does sometimes react to handpalm. But when you touch the screen with the Apple Pencil 2 (probably any pen) it always pops right back. They should just give the option to move the toolbar to left or top side.... problem solved. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi @Valorheartstrife,
Welcome to affinity Forum :)
The context toolbar varies according to the tool selected. In the screenshot above it's displaying the context toolbar for the Paint Brush Tool in Affinity Photo V1. Selecting the tools is enough to display it. If you are using Affinity Photo V2, the context toolbar is located on the top of the screen after the first group of icons (Affinity Photo Persona, Document, Commands and Selection buttons).