You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing Tools and Toolbar

Hi Guys,

I regularly switch screens. At work, I use my macbook and a second screen, and at home, I use another second screen.

At work, I have no problems; toolbar and toolbox is always showing. But at home, the toolbar and -box are missing. I cannot find a way to access them.

Tried everything: hide/reset studio, switch to normal mode customize toolbox and toolbar, but nothing seems to work. Quite frustrating.

It seems to me that affinity automatically "remembers" my workplace settings.

Can anyone put me out of my misery? Many thanks in advance.

Bart

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-21 om 17.18.22.png

Not sure I can help here but have you tried opening a new document and see if you get tools etc then. From your screen shot I can’t see if you have a document open. Also what version are you running? Try going to “customise tools” not “customise toolbar” and try dragging each tool over to the far left and see if they show then. Try unticking also the toolbar menu’s and tick again. These suggestions are all I’m afraid a shot in the dark but you often find issues like this turn out to be something silly, god know’s over the years I’ve had my moments. If you’re not running the latest version, 1.8.6, I suggest you do that first. I’m assuming you have a paid version so you would be able to also download the beta version which may end your problem.