You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Bug] RC2 - export preview affected by display scaling

100% doc window vs 100% export window? JPG export.

Hint: I have configured Windows with display scaling at 117% (but I can't image why it would affect the pixel preview).

It probably is the scaling; it doesn't occur on my work machine with no scaling configured.

image.png.e50997e9d4f7377340678671c8ffdbe0.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

It IS display scaling. Just tried logging in and out and trying with and without display scaling:

And here it is really obvious: document window at 117% - export preview 100% 

image.png.e902e0558714615a75519dc0394ac2a0.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

2 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Which "Display Scaling" option did you change to get to 117%? The "Advanced scaling settings"? I do note the text says, "Enter a custom scaling size between 100% - 500% (not recommended)" 😬

We'll reproduce and try to fix, because there shouldn't be a discrepancy between the two views! Thanks!

Yep. No other bitmaps are affected other than your preview. I have zero issues in any program I run otherwise. Affinity adjusts beautifully.

I have a feeling the not recommended relates to the never ending backwards compatibility concerns Microsoft have struggled with since Windows 95.

1 minute ago, Jowday said:

Yep. No other bitmaps are affected other than your preview. I have zero issues in any program I run otherwise. Affinity adjusts beautifully.

I have a feeling the not recommended relates to the never ending backwards compatibility concerns Microsoft have struggled with since Windows 95.

So do you have the "main" Display Scale set to 100%, but then the advanced scaling set to 117%?

2 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

So do you have the "main" Display Scale set to 100%, but then the advanced scaling set to 117%?

Yes.

Just discovered I can also just adjust only text size - but the result is less "complete". Some texts are not affected. Advanced scaling is better.

Verifying, just a sec.

Yep, main 100%, advanced 117%. 

Advanced makes everything look cool - and easier to the eye on a high res screen.

Just font scaling (bitmap fonts are not scaled and are still tiny):

mark_font.PNG.a58c8fb9c6d26a86bc1d77d1fc9f767c.PNG

Below advanced scaling - bitmap UI font is replaced with vector - this may not look good in old software - or may not work -  I guess that is what the not recommended is about:

mark_advanced.PNG.03c642aebf94c74a7aa17a39c99a1455.PNG

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.