You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.903 (RC2)

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features, performance, fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Improved CR3 file support
  • Fixed Gradient Map adjustment to support linked colours
  • Changed the Linked Layers panel to hide the All interfaces box when there is no selection
  • Added Mirror, Resample and Open as New Document Select tool context toolBar for Pattern Layers
  • Fixed LUT import to allow multiple selection
  • Added missing Duplicate Linked menu item
  • Fixed blank page when viewing registration page
  • Fixed high memory use when installing content via account page
  • Fixed potential memory corruption when using multiple Affinity applications at the same time
  • Changed Export Preview shortcut keys to zoom in, rather than zoom out (Ctrl+2 = 200%, Ctrl+3 = 400%, Ctrl+4 = 800%)
  • Fixed Export Preview window to close when transitioning to a format that doesn't support preview
  • Fixed Export Preview window size to be remembered across sessions
  • Disabled Export Timelapse if no history is available

1.9.0.900 release notes

Thanks @Mark Ingram for the release, congrat to your respective teams.

From DL to install, all went fast and cool, such a peace and tears.
App loading and document loading have improved a lot ( just hope it won't drop or regress in next builds).

Well, one detail that still bother me a bit, after loading a document (template here) with guides I experience lag when I try to remove a single guide by sliding it out of the canvas.
So the grab slide to remove make the app to run slow, my templates are 1920*1080 only in size.
is it possible to investigate that and make it work similar to what I see in stable version (no lag there) as this may appear in next stable and get people mad.

But for now, i'd say Good job guys.

Thanks

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Hi Mark, is there any progress on the NVIDIA GPU / Renderer problems that we have been experiencing. I also note that reverting to v452.06 of the NVIDIA drivers no longer works either? 

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

What kind of problem do you have @AiDon ? I did not use Photo intensively so far but I did not have any rendering problem. I have nVidia drivers version 461.09 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

These issues have been mentioned many times, my driver is the latest Studio 46.89, where opening multiple images or creating panoramas, HDR's etc. causes crashing if using NVIDIA as the renderer. At one point was attributed to Capture One being the cause. Mark is aware of the issue ... just looking for an update as it still occurs.

I will try updating to the latest Game Ready driver and see if that makes a difference.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

I just made a Panoram with Panasonic RAW files and it worked fine. Studio or Game drivers usually don't make much of a difference.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Nope it didn't make a difference and there are many variables involved. For example you don't have a choice of selecting a single GPU for the Hardware Acceleration if you have multiple GPUs on your PC (one integrated and one NVIDIA/PCi) but at least I can used the Intel HD630 as the Renderer which works albeit not so smoothly.

And it is also complicated by the fact that the notebook display is driven by the iGPU and the external display by the NVIDIA and they have different versions of OpenCL although it has been said that AP supposedly uses uses OpenCL v1.2 rather than v3.0 of the Intel HD630.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

On 1/24/2021 at 3:10 AM, AiDon said:

Nope it didn't make a difference and there are many variables involved. For example you don't have a choice of selecting a single GPU for the Hardware Acceleration if you have multiple GPUs on your PC (one integrated and one NVIDIA/PCi) but at least I can used the Intel HD630 as the Renderer which works albeit not so smoothly.

And it is also complicated by the fact that the notebook display is driven by the iGPU and the external display by the NVIDIA and they have different versions of OpenCL although it has been said that AP supposedly uses uses OpenCL v1.2 rather than v3.0 of the Intel HD630.

Do you still have Capture One installed?

I had uninstalled C1 with the upgrade to C1 21 but AP was still crashing even with no C1 installed. I have also tried disabling the Intel HD630 and using only the GTX1050 but that didn't make a difference either and I mentioned earlier that the v452.06 drivers also crash now.

In the meantime I still have the HD630 I can use as the renderer.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

30 minutes ago, csc14us said:

Is there a cumulative Release Notes for this Beta compared to 1.8.4?

Mark hasn't provided a cumulative set, but each individual set links to the previous one, which makes it easy to see them all.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, walt.farrell said:

Mark hasn't provided a cumulative set, but each individual set links to the previous one, which makes it easy to see them all.

That's time-consuming given the number of steps to get the Beta is now.  Odd that a compilation would not accompany the release candidates.

Focus Merge problem with Canon RP files.  I don't know how long this has been going on in the 1.9 betas as I have just recently taken focus stacked shots with an RP.  These work fine on 1.8 production but do not work at all on this beta.  I have tried both .CR3 files, which really mess up, giving a merged image that is total garbage to .JPG files which almost merge correctly, but leave many large blocks of black and noise in the merged image.

22 minutes ago, csc14us said:

That's time-consuming given the number of steps to get the Beta is now.  Odd that a compilation would not accompany the release candidates.

The release candidates are still incremental betas. When we release the actual retail build, there will be a comprehensive list.