You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Didn't receive product after purchase, am I missing something?

So I purchased affinity designer for windows and after going to my downloads and order listing... it doesn't seem to pop up. The payment was being a little glitchy so I'm guessing there is just some issue there and it'll be resolved after contacting support which I have already. I'm posting on here just in case I'm missing something. 

- V

Hi there @NoobMan and @leoskey,
welcome to the forums.

If you purchased from Serif Affinity store, then try to login to your Affinity Store account, in the Downloads & product keys page you should find what you're looking for.

downloadsandsoon.jpg.767c35be374015cd63da5ea959252524.jpg

But in case you purchased via Microsoft Store or Mac App Store, there is no serial number and your purchased products downloaded from the store are activated upon download.

In that case, just uninstall the trial version(s) you might have downloaded and installed from the affinity website (those will still ask for a serial number) and use the apps downloaded from your store.

23 minutes ago, NoobMan said:

Hey @CLC, thanks for your response! I tried checking there but unfortunately what pops up is that I have no digital product orders. I'll add a screenshot of what is displayed. 

Well, that's unfortunate.

Please, do the following then. Please note it might take a while before you receive a response since the Serif staff is quite busy with huge amount of purchases due to the current sale.

How do I check my order status?

You will be sent an email as soon as your order is dispatched. You can also receive your order status by emailing affinityorders@serif.com. Please remember to include your name and order number in your request. We will provide a prompt update during business hours (9.00am-5.00pm Mon-Fri, GMT).

https://store.serif.com/en-gb/help/

Something must be wrong - automatic processing of orders should run normally. Contact Serif directly:

Affinity account

I haven’t received an order receipt email. What should I do?

Check your email junk folder for your order confirmation email. If it can’t be found, contact affinityorders@serif.com.

I have a question related to my account. Who should I contact?

Please contact affinityorders@serif.com.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

@CLC Yea I sent an email over to affinity@serif.com but I think the email you provided might be better. The issue arises from the fact that I don't even have an order number haha. All I got was my money taken from my bank account and not even a confirmation email to go along with it. I'll be patient though, this seems to be a great product for the price and I'm not in a huge rush so it'll be ok. Sucks is all :(

Just now, NoobMan said:

Hey @Jowday, yea i'm guessing it was just a glitch in the system somehow. I'm sure it'll get resolved soon... at least I hope. I'll definitely be sending out an email, thank you!

🙂

"Just" - you didn't get anything. If only few costumers are affected and Serif didn't get an alarm nothing will be resolved before you contact them. You're the customer - press the alarm button. 🙂

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Mail reply:

It looks like your payment is being declined. When this happens you may see a pending transaction on your account for a few days. This should drop back into your account once your bank realises we cannot collect the payment. 

This is most likely due to an error in the way your browser is handling the 3d secure check that is now mandatory for all EU online orders. Before trying again you may wish to check your browser is up to date 

If you would like me to manually place an order for you please let me know. 

Thanks

Steve @ Affinity

So my problem was solved, looks like it was an issue with the browser or something. I was using an iphone 8 and running chrome, the phone isn't completely up to date so that might be why. For anyone else who had this issue all i did was email them and they were pretty quick at contacting me back. 

6小时前,NoobMan说:

这样我的问题就解决了,看起来好像是浏览器或其他问题。我使用的是iPhone 8,运行的是chrome浏览器,但该手机尚未完全更新,因此可能是原因。对于其他所有遇到此问题的人,我所做的就是向他们发送电子邮件,他们很快就与我联系。 

I use MacOS Chrome latest。No refund received,please check bank account.

2 hours ago, leoskey said:

Too bad! Steve@affinity said failed payments,bank said payments is successfuls . I don't know where the money went.

It hasn't gone anywhere. The bank should discover that in a few days.

But if you need to discuss it further, it's best to continue via email.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, after purchasing the Publisher and having the transaction going through OK, I received no email with product keys, only an email acknowledging that the purchase went through. 

Thanks for your support on this issue.

50 minutes ago, G B said:

Hi there, after purchasing the Publisher and having the transaction going through OK, I received no email with product keys, only an email acknowledging that the purchase went through. 

Thanks for your support on this issue.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @G B. :)

Did you purchase the app from the Affinity Store? If you purchased from the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store, the purchase is tied to your Apple ID or your Microsoft Account (as applicable) and no product key is needed or issued.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 2/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @G B. :)

Did you purchase the app from the Affinity Store? If you purchased from the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store, the purchase is tied to your Apple ID or your Microsoft Account (as applicable) and no product key is needed or issued.

I purchased the App from the Affinity Store and didn’t get any product key after that.

19 minutes ago, G B said:

I purchased the App from the Affinity Store and didn’t get any product key after that.

As noted above, please contact affinityorders@serif.com for direct help from Serif staff.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)