You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snotbag Monster (WIP)

David

In an attempt to break me in, I decided to jump right in and make a large A3 piece.

Going well so far, although missing not having an eye drop tool to sample things, hopefully the idea is once I have completed this I should have sussed affinity to a comfortable level.

Things I love so far:

• Effects are presented in one easy place with sliders

• The path tools, once I figured out how to add points etc I'm finding them beautiful to use.

• I don't have so many pallets open to achieve the same work as I do in Illustrator

I have come across a couple of bugs, my tool bar got stuck to the foot of the window and then vanished, My artboard started flashing on and off at one point after drawing a box and I had to re-start

Snotbag-small.png

Update to my trial artwork...

Couple of things I missed having, no warp tools and masking options (unless Ive missed these?).

The software could also do with a few extra keyboard short cuts adding here and there, such as cmd + e for export.

Overall through, I have very much enjoyed using the software and will be purchasing next week on release.

MonsterMouth.png

Looks good. How long did this take you? It looks very complicated and time consuming (but a lot of fun at the same time)..... :)

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

• Staff

Hi Flokk, are you wanting to paste the style of one object onto another? If so, this can be achieved by selecting the object you want to use as the source, choosing 'Copy', then selecting the destination object and choosing 'Paste Style' (Cmd+Shift+V). We don't currently have a format painter tool, but it sounds like we need to add one...

Fantastic work, incidentally! :)

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Flokk, are you wanting to paste the style of one object onto another? If so, this can be achieved by selecting the object you want to use as the source, choosing 'Copy', then selecting the destination object and choosing 'Paste Style' (Cmd+Shift+V). We don't currently have a format painter tool, but it sounds like we need to add one...

Fantastic work, incidentally! :)

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you very much :)

A dropper tool would be fantastic...I have also used it in illustrator to clone text styles from one box to another also, so is a massive time saver.

As a good substitute I have found the styles pallets works well, and I have integrated into my work flow very easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I wondered whether this betentacled beast would have been easier to manage with a push back tool, limited mask regions where the z-order can change freely, but I think it would have been just as complicated as drawing properly! It's a ... beast.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Great work! Like the colors and composition. It reminds me (kinda) of a cross between Gahan Wilson and Basil Wolverton -- but it is its own thing. :D

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Just checking, am I the first to say it's a FLOKKtapus?

+ 1 FTW!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?