You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I applaud Affinity for the improvement of handling PDFs that come from outside our business. We can now place the file and it looks like it is supposed to with no font substitutions if we choose "Pass Through." Great!

However, when a PDF is placed, like an ad on a page, and then sent as a PDF to the printer to print the magazine the beautiful single color black is converted to 4 color black, ie black being printed by Cyan, Magenta, Yellow AND Black. I'm importing (placing) the PDF in a CMYK page. Not sure why the type, especially, is changed to 4C Black.

Attached is a screenshot of both the original PDF (on the left) and the PDF passed through Publisher (on the right) as viewed in Print Production -> Output Preview in Adobe Acrobat. The original shows type is single color black, the passed through file shows 4C Black.

Am I missing something or is this a "Feature?" The printing company won't print my magazine with 4C Black type. It just looks poorly.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 4.27.11 PM.png

How infuriating - looks like it could be a profile clash -  have you tried switching off embed profiles?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.