You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Time Lapse Export Not Functioning - iPad Affinity Designer

Hello,

FIRST I need to say I am SO EXCITED  that a time lapse feature was finally added to Designer!!! I've been wishing for this for a long time and will make promoting our work and the app so much easier. Thank you so much!

Unfortunately it's not functioning correctly within the beta version of Designer for iPad.  

I tested the time lapse export feature just now on iPad, and it does not function correctly.  Here are the 2 bugs I found:

1. When trying to change the filename of the time lapse file, it will not change, even if I type a custom name in the filename box.  It always exports with the filename "export"

2. I cannot export more than 1 time lapse video within the same session (without closing and opening the app).  Ex:  I opened file #1, selected "export timelapse" from the menu, and exported time lapse video #1. Then without closing the app I opened file #2, selected "export timelapse" from the menu, but the file that was exported was still time lapse video #1.  I tested this multiple times with the same outcome.  The only way to export a different time lapse video was to close the app and open it again between each time lapse export.

These 2 bugs definitely need to be fixed before launch as it causes the timelapse function to be un-usable.

• 1 year later...
44 minutes ago, Janahol said:

Hi, could you please advice me how to do the time lapse? I cannost find the time lapse option in my Affinity Designer.

Thank you so much!

Jana

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

The Export Timelapse function appeared briefly in a beta release of the Affinity applications, but did not work well and was removed to be reworked. It has never appeared again.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.