You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Prospective purchase...

Sorely tempted to get Photo just on spec given the current offer, but before committing the $$ i wanted to check...

(i). From other threads on this forum, i understand that i'd have to buy separate licenses for my Windows PC and for my macBook -- correct?

(ii)  For how long (if at all) do i get updates & bug fixes?   (Thought this info would be given up front, but i couldn't find it)

(iii).  May be unanswerable, but: if i download a trial now, is the special-offer price guaranteed for the full 90d?   Failing that, any indication of the minimum time for which the discount will be available?

Thx

ian

• Staff

Hi @ionh,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
1. Correct. Each OS (macOS, iOS, Windows) requires its own license.
2. You will receive free updates for the whole 1.x. Version 2 will be a paid upgrade (there's no eta for v2.0). Next version could well may be 1.10 and so on.
3. No, the special offer is NOT 
guaranteed for the full 90 days of the trial.

@ionh

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

(i)  Yes, each OS (Windows, MAC) has its own, separate licence, which cannot be transferred from one to the other.

(ii)  All updates up to the release of version 2 are free.  Version 2 will be a paid upgrade but there is no timeline for when this new version might be released.  As of now, there is no indication that I am aware of that version 2 has got any further than the "thinking stage".

(iii) My understanding is that the half-price offer is guaranteed to last for the 90 days of the Trial period.  Just don't forget to buy before that period runs out if you wish to keep using the app!

HTH
Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

11 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

My understanding is that the half-price offer is guaranteed to last for the 90 days of the Trial period.

My understanding is that the two offers are completely separate and there’s no guarantee as to how long either offer will last.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Just to add a bit of further clarity on the discount in relation to the trial. The trial can be started at any time once the trial key has been received, so potentially the trial could be started in a few years time, and we would not honour the discount at the end if that was to occur.

What we did last year after the discount had expired was to send an email to everyone who signed up for the trial (and ticked the "Allow Serif to send me emails" box) as they neared the end of the trial period, with a unique link to still get the offer. It has not yet been confirmed that this will happen on this occasion.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Thanks, everyone, for the helpful answers.   My take-way is that discount might be withdrawn at any time, without notice (which is fair enough in my view);   but i can at least hope that, having signed up for emails, Serif might send round an "offer about to expire" alert, or that the special mentioned by StevenS might be repeated.   Caveat emptor!
Thanks again.

• Staff
8 minutes ago, ionh said:

Serif might send round an "offer about to expire" alert,

This will 100% happen, and we will also let people know on our social media channels when it is about to end too :) 

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.