You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.900 (RC1)

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Re-added Export Preview dialog (with improvements, see below)
  • Fixed nudging in the unit editor incrementing by the wrong amount for some controls
  • Added Canvas Rotation option to Preferences
  • Fixed some languages truncating text on the Preferences dialog
  • Fixed Nozzle and Base Textures failing to appear correctly in Brush Editor
  • Fixed failure to start applications on Windows N variant of operating systems (more information at https://affin.co/WindowsN )

1.9.0.891 release notes

• Staff

Please can users of this beta look at the My Account feature (top right of the main toolbar) even if you have already done so recently in another recent beta.

We have now added the ability to link your Affinity app to your Affinity account through a new app registration process. This will have the advantages of you being able to stream any content you have purchased (or received for free from the Affinity store) directly to all your apps without having to manually install them. This is of particular use to customers who have more than one of our apps, or run our apps on different devices and operating systems as all your content will automatically be available across all of them.

If you register the beta app you will receive a free brush kit (the luminance brush kit) for testing purposes to add to any of the store content you may already own that should also show up.

There have been lots of behind the scene improvements and most of the purchasable and (historical) free claimable content has being made streamable as the beta has progressed.

PLEASE report anything you find using "My Account" IN THAT THREAD

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 1/19/2021 at 1:53 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Customer Beta - Release Candidate 1

This release is nice.
Kind of runs faster (I've not tested stuffs yet but load faster)

Only one concern I have with this (and all apps) beta builds, the generated assets and project files (to list few) aren't retro compatible.
Which situation can bring confusion or some kind of disappointment if we consider the recent case of Beta release not properly working or simply for those who prefer to use beta for creating assets of templates using the latest functionalities then hope/wish to make use of it with the current release which are more stable.
We should be granted with choice to convert to old format like it is the case when we "old" file format with recent beta builds.

Other than that i'm fine and will try to make good use of the recently shipped affinity candies.

Thanks for your hard work and that great love you show to us @Mark Ingram @Chris B and all team members.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Staff
31 minutes ago, Niall123492 said:

Have assets and colour palettes available throughout all the apps without havinig to import and export etc.

Thanks for this suggestion. We are considering other uses, but this would require you "storing/uploading" those files to a secure personal location, so there is lots to consider before offering that sort of feature.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks for this suggestion. We are considering other uses, but this would require you "storing/uploading" those files to a secure personal location, so there is lots to consider before offering that sort of feature.

I asked this months ago ... wait kind of back in 2018 or so 
Please unveil your solution when it is ready for us to enjoy it and become even more productif

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

您好!

一、关于文字的兼容支持的一些建议:

1、我在工作中多数都是使用中文进行排版设计,所以我需要文字的 竖向排版功能,【文字方向】。(目前所有中国人使用软件都非常需要的功能)image.png.b7ceb41cbb34d6c47711f671b8a3fc7b.png

2、需要对 字体兼容【变量字体】

image.png.e3f96c2ce105114d01ab396a06583c67.png

3、对中文的标点符号规则优化,如中文的标点符号不可以出现在第一行的第一个字。

image.png.b0696e791183e4dc5b41906022763a9d.png

二、关于图片置入的建议:

1、让图片可以任意变形,这样可以在设计中做简单的贴图处理。

image.png.8dfe11a37ba3ba28ffa297eb57362de5.png

以上建议我认为 可以满足大多数创意需求。希望可以得到重视。

image.png