You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We want to help (again)

Ash

On 1/19/2021 at 2:16 PM, BobMoyer said:

Beeindruckend! Wer hätte gedacht, dass dieses großzügige Angebot negativ sein würde? Affinität setzt weiterhin Maßstäbe.

Hallo Zusammen.

Gibt es nichts besseres als negativ über E Mails zu schreiben, die ein super Angebot zur Verfügung stellen. Ist das die neue Kommunikation in GB nach dem Brexit?

On 2/26/2021 at 12:22 AM, Dan Brooks said:

This is not a promotion for Agenda, just a promotion of their pricing model.

I strongly encourage Affinity to consider adopting the Agenda pricing model:

Buying (Premium) includes:

• 12 months of all new features
  • Keep all of that “Forever"
  • Includes all basic upgrades forever (ie it also keeps working through OS changes)
  • After that year, pay again whenever Premium features are worth it to you. Or just stick with what you already have if you don't want new features.
  • No lock-in to use what you already paid for.
Thus, no subscription, but the incentives are perfect. Developers can just keep adding improvements and features without waiting for the next big version to ask again. They are incentivized to improve significantly continuously, or folks won't pay again. Modest pricing (like Affinity's) so low barrier to entry and same level to buy new updates. But you can wait 18 months, or two years (if you aren't enticed by new features) or never upgrade past where you bought in. 

More details here: A ‘Cash Cow’ is on the Agenda

Again, this is really just me promoting the pricing model. Like Affinity Designer, it is also an Apple Design winner, so they don't need promoting.

Why would you promote a policy that is far worse for the customer than what Affinity has already given us historically?

I realize you are a "noobie" but Affinity hasn't asked up to pay for new features in 4+ years.  

Yes they are likely on the verge of doing so, but for those of us that are not new, a yearly update price would effecitivly start to look like the standard yearly upgrade/update pricing model most consumers are not a fan of.  

Lots of software companies have gone the route you suggested Sonar when Gibson owned them for example - and they went belly up.  

Affinity is at the point where they can charge an upgrade again and not allienate the user base.  And if these sales are any indication, the upgrade price should be pretty reasonable.  

52 minutes ago, 78deluxe said:

Yes they are likely on the verge of doing so, but for those of us that are not new, a yearly update price would effecitivly start to look like the standard yearly upgrade/update pricing model most consumers are not a fan of.  

Personally, I'm not a fan of "you must pay us each year or the software will stop working and all your files will be useless". But I would not mind a new release each year that required a modest payment, if I wanted to get the new functions, as long as my old release would keep working indefinitely.

I'm doing that with several other products, and I generally only update every couple of years. And often only when I find a really good sale :)

The only real problem, for me, is the model that makes the software I've paid for already stop working if I don't choose to update.

(But I prefer Serif's current model, of course :) )

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 2/25/2021 at 11:22 PM, Dan Brooks said:

This is not a promotion for Agenda, just a promotion of their pricing model.

I strongly encourage Affinity to consider adopting the Agenda pricing model:

Buying (Premium) includes:

• 12 months of all new features
  • Keep all of that “Forever"
  • Includes all basic upgrades forever (ie it also keeps working through OS changes)
  • After that year, pay again whenever Premium features are worth it to you. Or just stick with what you already have if you don't want new features.
  • No lock-in to use what you already paid for.
Thus, no subscription, but the incentives are perfect. Developers can just keep adding improvements and features without waiting for the next big version to ask again. They are incentivized to improve significantly continuously, or folks won't pay again. Modest pricing (like Affinity's) so low barrier to entry and same level to buy new updates. But you can wait 18 months, or two years (if you aren't enticed by new features) or never upgrade past where you bought in. 

More details here: A ‘Cash Cow’ is on the Agenda

Again, this is really just me promoting the pricing model. Like Affinity Designer, it is also an Apple Design winner, so they don't need promoting.

I'd be out at the very first sign of software-as-a-service.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Ash,

I would like to say thank you, despite some of the negative comments from those who paid years ago, I really value the discount given, I'll sign up as soon as I can resolve my internet purchase issues with my bank.

During this whole pandemic I had my upcoming contract cancelled, and as I was moving countries at the time, have not had a decent income in more than a year. This scenario has been a mixed blessing in that it has allowed me to spread my wings into my new entrepreneurial world, and my new ventures can potentially help me keep things afloat here in Spain, I have no support network other than my own initiative as am am ineligible in both my old and new country, and otherwise previously stood on my own two feet.

I suspect that those griping that they paid full price years ago are getting at least some help from their governments, and not required to pay monthly taxes to be self employed and live on savings (mostly now depleted). 

I have discovered your earlier lockdown videos on youtube, and have been working through those, what a brilliant idea! 

So, thank you again Ash.

• Staff
On 3/28/2021 at 9:56 PM, pixelstuff said:

Since I own all the apps, what I do when I get emails advertising a sale...

You also get told that the complementary creative content is on sale. 26 of the 33 things we sell on the Affinity Store, so 78% of the store content is not software.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I have been with Serif since inception (PagePus 1). So much admiration for the firm and its aspirations. I often receive notifications of costs and updates. I always get value for money. I hope that all who are currently taking advantage of the offers, have pleasure in the programmes usage.

Regards and thank you to all at Serif

Ross Jackson

Aged 72 and been in isolation since 19 March 2020. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, empresita said:

Quick question when is the last day of the 50% off discount? I'm currently trialling and want to buy, but still need to resolve a Spanish bank card issue when making internet purchases.

We have not decided yet, but we are just about to launch some brand new creative content, and feel it would be unfair to finish the sale just at the point we are encouraging people to consider this new Affinity Store items, so I can say that we will be keeping the 50% off sale going for at least another 4 weeks, so I hope that is long enough for you to sort out the funds.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

13 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We have not decided yet, but we are just about to launch some brand new creative content, and feel it would be unfair to finish the sale just at the point we are encouraging people to consider this new Affinity Store items, so I can say that we will be keeping the 50% off sale going for at least another 4 weeks, so I hope that is long enough for you to sort out the funds.

Great stuff, thank you! The funds are there, it's the technology, the banking app that allows web purchases crashes :/

2 hours ago, empresita said:

Great stuff, thank you! The funds are there, it's the technology, the banking app that allows web purchases crashes :/

If you're having problems making the purchase you can email affinity@serif.com for assistance.

However, it might be something as simple as needing to update or use a different browser, or needing to disable an extension like NoScript.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting that some of the replies on this thread are negative in only the sense of either 1, unrelated things or 2, bitter that people now are lucky to get 50% off purchase price when they paid full price previously. Meaning they fail to see the fact they could get their friends/family/online communities a chance to get some great software cheap, if they are enjoying the software themself.

Some may not think it's much, or insults users who adopted the software earlier, but commendations to the team at San Serif for trying to do something to help where it may mean a world of difference to some people who are struggling through this global nightmare.

Aussie iTV

Windows 10 | Ryzen 9 5900X | RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

• 4 weeks later...

Bonjour à toutes et à tous.

Je découvre ce sujet et franchement je suis scié.
Je me souviens encore des remous quand une société d'édition de logiciels graphiques a mis en place une politique commerciale " très bienveillante" à l'attention des utilisateurs de Windows pour conquérir ce nouveau public. Les utilisateurs de Mac se sont sentis légitimement trahis. Oui, là, on peut discuter.

Mais dans le cas de Serif, je ne vois pas où le bât blesse.
Serif distribue de façon égale ses produits sur plusieurs plateformes.

Et personnellement j'aimerai que d'autres éditeurs de logiciels aient le même genre d'idée "singulière" que je soutiens totalement.

Bien à vous.

Hello everyone

I'm just discovering this subject and frankly I'm stunned.
I still remember the uproar when a graphics softwares company set up a "very friendly" sales policy for Windows users to win over this new audience. Mac users legitimately felt betrayed. Yes, that's debatable.

But in the case of Serif, I don't see the problem.
Serif distributes its products equally across multiple platforms.

And personally I would like other software publishers to have the same kind of "singular" idea that I totally support.

Kind regards.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

How long will this deal be on for?

I'm thinking about investing in an iPad and wouldn't mind picking up some apps half price. I already bought one copy of Designer for my mum's iPad so if I buy another copy then that effectively means I'll have paid the full price because my mum'll never use her copy - it was really just for me to try it out. I don't want to have to buy another full priced copy and then I'm effectively paying 150% of the price. I know she can share her apps with me but I'd rather own my own copy. It's just another tenner. 

• Staff
11 hours ago, awakenedbyowls said:

How long will this deal be on for?

A few more weeks I understand.

I'm thinking about investing in an iPad and.....It's just another tenner. 

Quite, shop around, perhaps you can find the iPad a bit cheaper ;)  but the family sharing option is there for just this sort of thing, particularly as she is not using it (and you paid).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

@FJQA

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) , and you are very welcome.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

11 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

A few more weeks I understand.

Quite, shop around, perhaps you can find the iPad a bit cheaper ;)  but the family sharing option is there for just this sort of thing, particularly as she is not using it (and you paid).

I took the plunge and bagged the full suite (Photo on Windows and Photo/Designer on iPad) to go with my existing purchase while they're on offer. Looking forward to taking things to the next level, and saving my wrist from getting knackered 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, AlmogK said:

Hi, is the 50% offer still going on? I would like to switch from photopea 

No, as you can see by going to any of the Stores and checking the prices.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, locinig said:

Single-case probabilities are known as propensities or chances -- this explains, (or is one reason that explains), variances in CTR Rates and Conversion Rates for one item offered. An Affinity is the liking or inclination toward something. So, what is the chance your ad viewer is in a good mood, having a positive propensity and also has an affinity toward your offer? Buyers are people not just numbers. That is why going by the numbers is not always profitable

Was this written by an AI program ? Feels a little bit like an extract from The Merchant Of Venice or something 😂 

• Staff

thanks @awakenedbyowls this user is not a Serif Affinity owner and looking at earler posts has shown themselves to be a spammer. Say goodbye to the AI

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd