You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We want to help (again)

Ash

53 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Thanks to Serif for this generous move. As an early birthday present I bought APu for private use / pleasure. The rest will follow soon.

I’m confused, Joachim — not that it takes much to confuse me! According to your forum signature, you already own licences for the complete range of Affinity products. Don’t those licences cover private use? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I have split personalities. I am a completely different person at work than at home. Hmm, wondering which personality my wife would like better. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I’m confused, Joachim — not that it takes much to confuse me!

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I did the same as I have all the apps on my personal computers, but wanted to put on the computers at the charity I do work for (free of Charge) as I am a Trustee, but do not control their PC's, so hence buying seperate licenses the last time the reduction was offerred.

My only problem is the charity has been in lockdown since last years lockdown as it is based in a sheltered housing complex, all the team are working from home, so goodness knows when I will be able to install it on their PCs. I am presuming their is no time limit on activation?

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

• Staff
21 minutes ago, AlanPickup said:

I am presuming their is no time limit on activation?

Correct, the 90 days starts from whenever you first run the application and type in the product key

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you so much for offering this! It's very generous and didn't need to be done but you did it anyway! I can't take advantage of the offer, but I've finally convinced my sister to purchase Publisher. She's re-doing/updating a family history book in digital form and I'm glad she got Affinity Publisher before getting any farther in creating the book with MS Publisher. Now she can share the file with me and I can make some design tweaks 😀

31 minutes ago, *mark said:

There's gotta be a way to make those books cheaper...

Lower production values and bigger print runs, perhaps?

32 minutes ago, *mark said:

For example, how about compact 'getting started' guides, which give you the ground rules on setting up and managing the basics?

Please see this Affinity Spotlight article for one such guide, all for free (including downloadable resources): Jump into Affinity Publisher

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 1/19/2021 at 10:43 AM, G.. said:

Hi, quick question regard to the 50% and the 90 day trial.

If I take out the 90 day trial on all three Mac apps today, will it still be 50% if I decide purchase during or at the end of my trial 90 days from now?

Still currently with Adobe but keen to look at alternatives for best price.

Thanks

if you are  still with Adobe, you dont know what you are missing....and at 1/2 price you are paying less for the apps than for a 1 year subscription to Adobe...give it a shot , I am beyond pleased with the results I get from Affinity Photo (take a look at Ivan Weiss using Affinity for his work)

Light travels faster than sound. That's why someone can look bright until you hear them speak.

7 minutes ago, TomM1 said:

Hmmmm... never did get the email.

Perhaps you're not signed up for Serif's Affinity marketing emails?

Try visiting https://affinity.store/account/details and once signed-in click on "Manage your email  marketing preferences".

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 1/19/2021 at 11:52 AM, Ash said:

Hi All,

When much of the world went into lockdown last year we put a few things in place to try to offer some support to the creative community. In the big scheme of things they were fairly small gestures I guess, but we were quite overwhelmed by the positive feedback we received about it.

In particular the 90-day trial of all our apps provided a big help for people who may have lost access to their normal tools through their work or university, and offering a deep 50% discount on our apps was also greatly appreciated.

We reverted back to our normal trial length and pricing as those initial restrictions eased and the situation felt like it was improving. However here in the UK we are back in full national lockdown and in many countries restrictions are tight and livelihoods continue being severely affected as we deal with the second wave of this virus. For that reason, we have decided to re-introduce both our 90-day trial and 50% discount on all our apps and digital content (unfortunately the relatively small margins we have on workbooks means we cannot offer the discount on those). We have also reset the 90-day trial so anyone who took advantage of it before can do so again.

The thoughts of all of us at Serif remain with everyone affected by this crisis and we wish you all the best.

Ash

Dear Ash & the Amazing Affinity Team! I bought all of the apps at full price - but I'm not complaining since this is AFFORDABLE software! I think this discount is a great gesture. Some are lucky and win the lottery, some don't. That's life. I commend Affinity for your warm hearted GENEROSITY! This gesture only makes me appreciate you even more, and please, please don't take a blind bit of notice of a few negative reactions! Thank you, Affinity! You're the BEST! All the best from a loyal customer!

To Ash & the team, thank you, it's a great gesture and I do not understand the people commenting negatively.

I have what I need, but hope that this offer will help and encourage others who are struggling.  I will send out emails to others who I know, to advise them of this offer.

Affinity Photo, Designer, (1.10.4.1198); Sketchup

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit; Ver. 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1566)

Intel i7-4790, 4 GHz; RAM:16GB; Graphics Card: ASUS (AMD) R9280-DC2T-3GD5.

Graphics Tablet: Huion Inspiroy HS610; Calibration: X-rite i1Display Pro

I can understand all these perspectives, as we all might. Grumpy day? OK. Grumpy life? Even more OK. I'm appy to not be that way and sorry you are (I can have days like that too).

For those who paid full price, thank you for being early adopters and full supporters. I agree, the price is a bargain; there are much lesser apps that want to rent software at higher prices for just a year.

For those who benefit from the discount, or maybe wouldn't have bought it without the discount, good for you.

Software is tricky; sell 1,000 or 10,000 much of the cost is the same.

Selling anything is tricky, especially software. What's the right price?? You can never offer a discount or increase prices without many folks being ticked off.

I just hope Serif folks do good with their riches, if they earn that much (surely they did well, or maybe even alive because of the App of the Year award).

Regardless, no good reason to complain regardless what you paid; as I said, great price even at full price.

Thanks Serif and bleeding edge beta testers too.

👏🏼

55 minutes ago, Dan Brooks said:

For those who paid full price, thank you for being early adopters and full supporters

Early adopters like myself get discounts. 🤭🤭

Best regards!

Though I already own Designer and Photo for Mac, this email nudged us to buy 2 copies of the iPad version. It also reminded me why I like dealing with Serif instead of some other companies. Not many folks out there cutting their (already preposterously low) price in half.

I have some mighty cranky days now and then. Iffen I ever sound like the fussy old curmudgeon I might actually be, please feel free to give me a frowny-face and remind me to cheer up.

2 hours ago, Dan Brooks said:

Selling anything is tricky, especially software. What's the right price?? You can never offer a discount or increase prices without many folks being ticked off.

A sale for no reason is poor marketing, and probably justifies crankiness from loyal fans.

In this case, a perfectly valid and strongly altruistic reason for the sale is given, making it sound perfectly reasonable. In this case, setting the price is easy: do what you like because it's motivated by generosity caused by world circumstances. So, good marketing, that.

I also own all the Affinity apps since they came out, and I'm glad Affinity is making a gesture of help again, lowering prices. This is a great opportunity to recommend software and encourage you to try it out. Collaboration and work sharing is easier when there are more users of the same software  :)

We can never know the real reason for a discount or increase. Marketing...

Those who have owned for a long time, even if they paid full price, got a better deal, because they got more use per dollar, before the next upgrade. Make sense?

Software is a strange "product" unlike any other.