You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We want to help (again)

Ash

15 minutes ago, Jowday said:

I must have unsubscribed from the marketing offers

I have not unsubscribed, and I have not received it yet, either. It can take awhile for all of them to be sent, and received.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

15 hours ago, Alfred said:

have no way of knowing whether 1.9 will be followed by 1.10, 1.11, 1.12

For what it's worth this is exactly what happened with DAZ Studio. When they got to version 4.9 I expected the next one to be 5.0, – several years later we are now on 4.15!

Obviously I don't know, but I would think that Serif will only release version 2 when there are sufficient improvements and additional features that they think will persuade current users to pay for the apps again, and/or persuade potential new customers, who  decided not to buy version 1, that version 2 has significant improvements.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

2 minutes ago, G.. said:

If I take out the 90 day trial on all three Mac apps today, will it still be 50% if I decide purchase during or at the end of my trial 90 days from now?

If it works like the last one:

• If you start the trial today, the 50% off sale would still be on (or just about to end) when your trial ends.
  • However, if you were to wait a month and then start the trial, the sale would end 1 month before your trial ended. It's not a "try it for 90 days and then get 50% off." The two offers are not connected that way.

They did extend both offers last time, and made some adjustments to accomodate users who started the trial late. But I wouldn't count on that. I would assume that the sale ends 90 days from now, unless Serif specifically says they've extended it.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

7 minutes ago, TrishK said:

Hmm I bought this yesterday and today it is half price - should have waited just one more day!

If you purchased from Serif (not from Apple or Microsoft) they have a 14-day return policy. They may even be able to simply credit you with the difference, rather than making you go through the hassle of getting a full refund, deleting, and repurchasing. Contact affinityreturns@serif.com.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

@JBEK

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

9 minutes ago, JBEK said:

Does anyone know how long the 50% off deal will last? 

We have not yet settled on an end date, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If it works like the last one:

• If you start the trial today, the 50% off sale would still be on (or just about to end) when your trial ends.
  • However, if you were to wait a month and then start the trial, the sale would end 1 month before your trial ended. It's not a "try it for 90 days and then get 50% off." The two offers are not connected that way.

They did extend both offers last time, and made some adjustments to accomodate users who started the trial late. But I wouldn't count on that. I would assume that the sale ends 90 days from now, unless Serif specifically says they've extended it.

Thanks Walt, that’s great to hear and makes sense. Ok I now have my trial codes, shouldn’t need the full 90 days to try out all components, but good to know it’s there. 

9 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If you purchased from Serif (not from Apple or Microsoft) they have a 14-day return policy. They may even be able to simply credit you with the difference, rather than making you go through the hassle of getting a full refund, deleting, and repurchasing. Contact affinityreturns@serif.com.

I did purchase directly, thanks for the suggestion, I will do that.

well, "SOON" is a very stretchable definition 😉 but version 1.9 isn't far away from 2.0, isn't it.

but as i said before, I am very happy that they offer us a superb software for a reasonable price and  I don't want to forbid anyone to take the offer.

Don't forget, i'm a BIG fan of serif.

3 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

well, "SOON" is a very stretchable definition 😉 but version 1.9 isn't far away from 2.0, isn't it.

Version 2.0 won’t be very far away if it’s the next version after 1.9, but it may not be!

27 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

For what it's worth this is exactly what happened with DAZ Studio. When they got to version 4.9 I expected the next one to be 5.0, – several years later we are now on 4.15!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Got my news letter about 4 hours ago.  You are likely correct that not all of them get sent at the same time. 

Mine just arrived :)

-- Walt
PC:

2 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

alfred, i think it is not possible to let the version 1.9 be followed by 1.10. therefore it should be version 1.09 😊

It is certainly possible. The 9 in 1.9 is not necessarily a decimal. Note that the full release number is of the form version.release.minor-release.build-number. So, currently, we're at 1.8.5.something on Windows, and the beta is 1.9.0.something. The 9 is the 9th release in version 1. Serif could easily have a 10th release that would be 1.10. And an 11th that would be 1.11.

Some Serif staff have even suggested that in the past.

It's really all a big guessing game until Serif announces 2.0. It could be announced next month, or it could be announced several years from now.

-- Walt
PC:

Lets not forget that this thread is about those who need help. Now. And got it.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Thanks, Affinity! Well done!

Threads like those are fine, usufull to recommend to friends or if you want to adquirea licence for a different plattform.

By the way, two peaks that I want to receive to 😁:

- A discount on workbooks with the possibility of receive it in digital format.

- A referral program with prizes like store points, for example.

Great work guys!

Hi

I purchased both Designer and Photo Apps last night. My account with you can confirm the purchase made just before this announcement of 50%, I know you have a 14 day returns policy, but just wondered to save annoying refund and re-buy, is it possible to sort something out with accounts to settle the 50% difference of both these apps to save the hassle as this software is a lifesaver for my content and may even consider publisher too at the current deals. But just can't justify spending more money. If i could of waited and known about this offer I would of waited, but i needed the software urgently yesterday. Is there anything that can be done?

• Staff
3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Mine just arrived

Just for future info we tend to split out email sends based on time zone so customers in Europe for example will receive email before customers in the US, just to avoid emails being received in the middle of the night (in your local time).

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

3 hours ago, Zenosos said:

I know you have a 14 day returns policy, but just wondered to save annoying refund and re-buy, is it possible to sort something out with accounts to settle the 50% difference of both these apps to save the hassle

The team at affinityreturns@serif.com should be able to help you, if anyone can.

-- Walt
PC:

15 hours ago, micornelius said:

I have just received your completely unnecessary email of 19 January "We’re here to help – use our apps free for 90 days" WHY I am a registered used of all three apps plus add ons. I do not need to be offered a 90  Day Free Trial, and 50% off all apps etc.

Unnecessary emails clog up email in boxes and will tend in the future to just dump email from affinity without reading them.

Someone in your marketing departments needs to be sacked.

Please put a stop on this type of email to existing customers.

For me promote trough email is ok, this is one methode to campaign the Product and you can forward to your friend as the information that there are the Product alternatif with cheaper price perhaps your friend not yet know the Affinity products, if you wish not want receive the email again in the future you can set in as junk email.

Regards,

While I frequent this forum (eagerly awaiting the official 1.9 drop for example)...and own the trilogy suite of apps and books - as well as some extra content (which are really 3rd party developed products in the Affinity store).   I'm thankful I got the email this morning.  

I sent notes to friends and also posted on an unrelated to visual arts forum where I'm a trusted member, and got multiple responses of "thank you and just purchased the suite."  Some of these purchases were also combined with I didn't even know these apps were on the market.  

Not everyone has a sense of loyalty.  I do.  Affinity made these fanatstic apps and offered them with free updates and at a price point virtually anyone can afford (at least one of them).  That breeds loyalty.  If you don't have some urge to say thank you and pass on the info to others that would benefit from these amazing products, I pitty you and whatever crewl childhood you had to make you the way you are today.  😂

3 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

For me promote trough email is ok, this is one methode to campaign the Product and you can forward to your friend as the information that there are the Product alternatif with cheaper price perhaps your friend not yet know the Affinity products, if you wish not want receive the email again in the future you can set in as junk email.

Quite right.

A little message to people who don't want to receive emails – JUST UNSUBSCRIBE instead of complaining about them!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad