You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We want to help (again)

Ash

I have just received your completely unnecessary email of 19 January "We’re here to help – use our apps free for 90 days" WHY I am a registered used of all three apps plus add ons. I do not need to be offered a 90  Day Free Trial, and 50% off all apps etc.

Unnecessary emails clog up email in boxes and will tend in the future to just dump email from affinity without reading them.

Someone in your marketing departments needs to be sacked.

Please put a stop on this type of email to existing customers.

39 minutes ago, micornelius said:

Someone in your marketing department needs a promotion

40 minutes ago, micornelius said:

Please put a stop on this type of email to existing customers.

Please keep sending me emails like this. 50% off everything in the Affinity store is a great way to reward your customers. Especially so, during the pandemic.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

44 minutes ago, micornelius said:

Or maybe you need to grow up.

What about people who own only one program and would want to take advantage of this and buy the other two.

Or people who bought programs for Mac and would also want to buy now for Windows, or the other way around.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Having paid full price for the apps as an early adopter I find late-comers getting it half price galling! No incentive to pay the full price in future just wait and you can have it discounted! Not really a good way to support existing long term loyal customers is it!

So advertising to loyal customers that late-comers get it at a knock down price is hardly good promotion!

1 minute ago, micornelius said:

So advertising to loyal customers that late-comers get it at a knock down price is hardly good promotion!

In the email you received you have the option to opt-out of future emails (at the bottom)

Just don't come back and complain when you miss out on something you wanted, like Version 2.0 at 50% off

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

7 minutes ago, micornelius said:

So will all loyal customers -  been with Serif since PagePlus Release 1 in 1990 - be getting a refund? I await Affinity's generosity! 

The lock down has an important impact on some people....  talk to your doctor about it micornelius. I wish you get your life back some day.

You can opt out of the mailing list and... of this forum too.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I echo @carl123’s sentiments, great stuff and deeply appreciated!

I'm happy because Clip Studio Paint did something similar, generous opportunities like these are certainly welcome during this time.

I hope Affinity Publisher for the iPad comes soon, can’t wait to complete the set on mobile.

Wishlist: calligraphic vector brush, blend/replicate tool, vector pattern feature

I don't usually comment but all I can say is Amazing! and big Thank you! Affinity People for your continued support...It is obvious that a lot of people are struggling with current events!...

These offers do not apply to me...which does not concern me in the slightest...The applications are a bargain at full price!...but it's not about the price....It is about what you can achieve... I am just relieved that I had the incentive to engage with this software in the first instance...into my fifth year now...with over 200 drawings and 1000's of brushes and assets!... none of which would have been completed without these apps! 

I cannot believe that there would be any negative response... to offering software that is innovative, evolved so rapidly at a discount...

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Thanks, Affinity! This is wonderful way of helping and empathising with your customer base. Well done!

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

• Staff

If you are tempted to reply to any negativity in this thread, please just post your own positive thoughts instead, or just step away. (It is directed at us and we do not need defending, thank you)

This offer goes out to everyone who has not unsubscribed from our marketing offers, and is here to do 2 things:

1. Encourage you to try the software that you have not yet bought, or encourage those around you to do so for 90 days. Without letting you know it was available you would not know to tell your friends.
  2. Encourage the purchase at a discount of something that you have not yet bought, for example the iPad versions (Serif cannot tell if you have purchased Affinity software from the Mac App Store or iPad store by looking at your Serif Account, as that sale is Apple's data and we cannot see it)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I'd just like to say that, although I already have all the Affinity apps, I'm pleased to have received the email about this offer. Even if it's not particularly relevant to me,  I can let other people know about it, which may help them. I've taken advantage of offers in the past and will, hopefully, do so again in the future. I don't see any reason to get upset that someone else may benefit from Serif's generous offer now, in these exceptionally difficult times for many people.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

hi,

as I am a licensed user of AP I’m not concerned. But if I had no license yet I think I would not take the offer of buying AP at 50%.

Why?

Well, I think soon the version 2.0 will arrive and then I just paid 28€ for a license and then I have to pay again the upgrade fee, maybe in total it is more than the 100% price?

But nevertheless, this is no critics on serif, it’s a business and they have to pay their programmers. I am very happy that they offer us a superb software for a reasonable price already.

Thanks guys

👍👍👍❤️

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Thank you for helping those needing a hand during these difficult months, Serif.

I must have unsubscribed from the marketing offers - had I received the e-mail I would immediately have proceeded with number 1 - seeing if someone I know or someone in my network could need a hand. 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

8 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

I think soon the version 2.0 will arrive

You may have some inside information, denied to the rest of us. But if someone wants to start using the Affinity apps now, rather than waiting for an unspecified time, for the next version, I would have thought they would prefer to pay 50%, rather than full price! 😁 

You could wait forever, if you never buy anything because you're waiting for a newer/better version to become available! 😉

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

13 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

I think soon the version 2.0 will arrive

I’m curious to know why you think that. Version 1.9 hasn’t even been released to retail yet (although it looks as though it won’t be many weeks away now) and those of us who are not Serif employees have no way of knowing whether 1.9 will be followed by 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, etc, all separated by several months.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)