You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(1.9.0.212 - RC1) - My Account Window remains blank

I've tried to open the My Account window via both the button and the menu but it remains blank.

Note: I didn't install prior betas. This was my first attempt.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Looks like this is solved in .215, at least for me. I can access all content. Interestingly, the new, free Luminance brushback apparently is incompatible with this version.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

55 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

Looks like this is solved in .215, at least for me. I can access all content. Interestingly, the new, free Luminance brushback apparently is incompatible with this version.

Luminance is a set of raster brushes that works in Photo on Windows, and installs on Photo Beta on Windows via the new My Account processing.

What do you see for it in the My Account page?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

that works in Photo on Windows

Aha. Thanks, Walt. I never checked if there were any restrictions when I downloaded it. I'm on Mac, so that must be the reason then.

In My Account it is listed only if I include 'List incompatible packs' (that's how I found out).

• Staff
8 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

In My Account it is listed only if I include 'List incompatible packs' (that's how I found out).

@DanG

What is going on here Dan?

@RNKLN

Please can you tell me what is listed in your account for Affinity Photo Mac 1.9.0.215 when you only show compatible packs . Also a screenshot of the incompatible Luminance brush pack may help us

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

When you hover over the information icon (or click on it) what's the message?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

15 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Please can you tell me what is listed in your account for Affinity Photo Mac 1.9.0.215 when you only show compatible packs

I haven't seen an option to only show compatible packs, you can include/exclude them, so either I see all packs I've purchased, or just the compatible ones. Since I didn't see the Luminance Pack I decided to also include incompatibles. When I then, for the Luminance Pack, click the information icon, I see what is shown in the attached screen print. 

image.png.e043b051a5aff5147a99b61fc19d460a.png

• Staff

Ah, could be a comma separation issue. Something to do with localisation I expect. What OS language do you use please? Thanks for the screenshot, we will investigate

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@RNKLN

Another possibility has occurred to me, did you buy the Luminance pack or claim it free ?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

My Account is working perfectly here.  Really nice feature!!!!  Rather strangely, the Beta DAUB Watercolors and Washes has downloaded as three separate categories of brushes on my Mac (High Sierra), with many more brushes total than the single pack I purchased originally.   I have compared the two downloads --  the original which I copied over several weeks ago from v. 1.8.4, using Migration Assistant, to my Macbook using Big Sur and the M1 chip, and the version in Beta 1.9.0.215, which I downloaded today.  I also tried to download the Luminance Pack to my Mac, through Incompatible Bundles, but it would not permit it.

Possibly redundant comment.   Hope this helps?

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• Staff

Hi @RNKLN,

Thanks for reporting this. It is actually an issue with the way that pack is recognised within the apps. This bug was introduced a couple of days ago, and our development team is already working on a fix so it should be resolved in a future build.

Thanks again

On 1/25/2021 at 5:16 AM, DanG said:

Hi @RNKLN,

Thanks for reporting this. It is actually an issue with the way that pack is recognised within the apps. This bug was introduced a couple of days ago, and our development team is already working on a fix so it should be resolved in a future build.

Thanks again

Just downloaded 1.9.116.  My Account is still working perfectly, and more previous purchases from the Affinity store were included.  When I checked on the Frankentoon Concept Master icon, I got a message that I had downloaded this brush pack already and they could be reinstalled and that my original installation would be given a different name.   This is actually a very nice feature (in case we have fiddled with brush settings and changed the original brushes!)   I am still unable to download the Luminance pack.  Still incompatible.

2045266250_ScreenShot2021-01-26at12_18_04PM.png.3c701c6cb9cf3609e866b764a29aea05.png 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.