You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blending of fx and inner glow bugs

Louis20

Hello,

I have three feedbacks on Affinity Photo 1.8.6 on Mac OS 11.1:

The first one: when a layer has an effect (eg: gradient) I can only control the blending directly from the fx options. The layer blending does not work unless there is already a blending on fx.

The second one: the inner glow Radius effect max out at 100px but once can type higher values. Not a limitation but the slider is weird.

The third one (just noticed now, not entirely sure if it's a bug or just me): Cmd + Z does not seem to revert the Angle of a Gradient Overlay FX if the FX window is closed.

Thank you :) it's still amazing software

Bug 1 screenshot

affinity-bug-1.png

bug 2 screenshot

affinity-bug-2.png

Edited by Louis20
third bug on cmd + z

• Staff

Hi @Louis20,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

• bug 1 - Logged
  • bug 2 - This is the standard behaviour for all our sliders. They have a "max" value, but you can overwrite that by typing the number. This is so that the slider is more precise.
  • bug 3 - I can't replicate it. 

Thank you @Gabe!

For bug 2, a suggestion: would it be possible that when setting a value that's off the slider, to dynamically put the slider to the middle? (step 1: between 0 and 100, then user writes 1000, new slider is between 0 and 2000, user puts slider to value <100, slider is now back to between 0 and 100). This would leave the ability to play and visualize without typing different values.

For bug 3, it seemed to have been a one-off. Cannot get it to reproduce as well. I guess it was just me, feel free to ignore it then.