You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have often the need to produce images like the one in attachment. With Photoshop it is very easy. I have a template where the two pages are smart objects. I just change the smart objects with two rectangular page and it is done.

I tried in many way to do it with Affinity Suite (even the beta) but I could not succeed.

Any idea? Thanks

Devops.jpg

More than 30 Macs, from 1984 Mac 512K Plus to 2020 iMac 27" i9

1 hour ago, Gianni Becattini said:

With Photoshop it is very easy. I have a template where the two pages are smart objects

Have you tried the template in Affinity?

It has support for smart objects and some of them work (some don't)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi Friends!

Thanks for your help.

@GarryP: I tried but my skills are not enough to do that in that way.

@carl123 : templates give some extra functionality that I did non understood?

@Ray S.: I did not discover that by myself, very interesting indeed. But AP imports the warping effect as a perspective distortion, so it does not work (not by chance the example is for a "flat" book...)

I am not a graphics expert but i was a software developer. It seems that converting the mesh warp tool in a non destructive filter should not be so difficult and would greatly extend the capability of AP.

More than 30 Macs, from 1984 Mac 512K Plus to 2020 iMac 27" i9

The priority should have been a Live Warp filter not a Live Liquify filter.

If there was a live warp filter there would be no need for adobe mockups, The perspective filter works well if nested in a group but not under a shape or curve. If you temporarily remove the Perspective live filter from the nest position under a shape or curve and then drag it back in to the rectangle, the rectangle no longer distorts to the perspective shape. A way round that is to Group the rectangle first and have the perspective filter at the top in the group, if you then remove the filter from the group and place it back into the group the rectangle will adhere to the perspective filters shape.

Perspective filter removed from rectangle and then placed back.
image.png.5c79515b55d5025586151b274181a729.png

Perspective filter held within a group, removing the filter and then placing it back into the group maintains perspective shape
image.png.44dc7996e4f4e2bc15c0772b3eb9caf9.png

If a Live warp filter was available dropping objects into the group would work great and hey presto Affinity mockups become a reality.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

This is so close... Come on Affinity make a live warp filter 

image.png.dab9396546a7cd5c53bd5663a7a760d4.png

Book.afphoto

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 minutes ago, Gianni Becattini said:

That's is exactly my case...

@firstdefence: I am not sure I understood the purpose of what you said. You say that when you had the warp filter you would not to require PS, right?

Yes, If a Live Warp Filter was forthcoming you could make Affinity Mockups because the Live Warp would render Adobe mockups redundant.

So, as you can see from the file, the Live perspective filter will distort anything that is in the group and under it, the same would happen with a Live warp filter, anything you drag below it in a group would warp and hopefully it will not rasterise the object like the mesh warp does at the moment. In my example file all that needs to happen to make that a fully fledged mockup is to be able to warp the text and the image.

This would make Affinity a much better product.