You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

cute minion help and tips required for newby

Yolanda

Hi,

I required Affinity Designer in november, so please bare with me. I saw Wonderwomen, a car and a plane made by really, really great artists. I have no intention to get that good, but to get better I need to share my work for getting suggestion and tips. I am at kindergarten level.

Starting out with 2 courses at Udemy, watched dozens of youtube tutorials, and glad I got it so far. The fur on the head is kind of okay, the body does not really fit. thearms stick out too much, shadowing is pretty hard. THe eye is jpg, I was unsuccesfull in following 'art with Flo' . I can not get the mouth blend better, like the illustration from Deema Egerov. (I need other artists work trying to recreate to develop myself.)

So if anyone has some time to get me some tips, I love to hear from you.

Many thanks, Yolanda

monster1F.afdesign

Hi Yolanda

Nice little Monster!:)

Check this site out if you are looking for inspiration:

https://themonsterproject.org/

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

@Yolanda

Could I suggest that you upload a jpg or png image of your work. Your work will then be imediately visible to forum visitors. I am reading this on my Android tablet which does not understand .afdesign files.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630