You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recently used colors

Recently used colors has one problem. When selecting a previously used color, adjusting that selection (from the color wheel) completely removes the previous color in Recents. Breaking exploration of ideas. 

This compounds the Eye Dropper color well queue doubling travel time to ui, as well. So, if I select an object, click a previous used color in Recents, then adjust the color for variance, or testing, the old Recent color swatch completely gets replaced. If I want to adjust another part of a design with the original Recent swatch, I then have to select the Eye Dropper, select the color, go back to the color well, and click on it (/cry).

A workaround is to deselect the object after color selection from Recents, then reselect [the object] to create a new Recent color item. Ideally, Recents would record a new square, versus replacing the selected Recent color swatch without having to deselect the object.

Quite honestly, I'd rather have an option in the drop down underneath Recents that only showed the selection of recents since I mostly use the Color Wheel. Having both default swatches and color wheel is redundant imo, better to give more space to the colorspace people are trying design in with more UI to explore for that purpose.