You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

little book with 4400 words.

I have a text document with 4400 words, I want to make it continue from the first page to next pages. How do I do that ? Do I have to copy and paste part of the text on each page, or can I start at the beginning so that it automatically continues to the next pages ?

Tanks !

Welcome, Julein!

Assuming you're using Affinity Publisher, you have to remember it's not like a word-processor. You have to create text frames and then link the frames together so that the program knows you want text to go from one frame to another. For books, this is usually done by creating a Master Page with a full spread. Afterwards, you will create text frames on the left side and right side of the spread. Finally, you will link those text frames together. Now, when you add new pages based on that Master Page, it will automatically flow the text from one frame to the other.

I hope that is helpful. You can also find several videos on YouTube describing this process. 

If you have a master page with a text frame on it (I'll assume single-page spreads here), you can create the first page, assign that master page, then paste the entire text into the text frame.  If the text overflows the text frame on that initial page, select the text frame tool, and you will see a red triangle and eye icon with a link through it on the right side of the frame boundary toward the bottom.  If you shift-click on that triangle, with the text frame tool, as many pages as needed to include the entire text will be automatically created and their text frames automatically linked together.