You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slammer

Another “Slam dunk”. Beautiful. I have never seen a float plane like this - is it currently still in the air? Great detail in the illustration. Are those orange exhaust ports glowing from the heat?  I am wondering as I look at the elevators if the pilot is about to initiate a quick descent? My time in the north saw many flights in the workhorse bush planes on floats, but the sleek lines and power of this baby is an entirely different beast....

The original idea was to have the SB6 at anchor behind Smeaton´s seawall at St. Ives, but I simply could not get the contrasts to work in the way I had it in my imagination and gave it up. That is why the elevator is wrong... one liddle mistake.

The SB6 is not flying and currently lives in the science museum in London.

I do however quite like the seawall and will keep it for a later project.

wall-4.jpg

wire wall.jpeg

SB6-1.jpeg

smeaton´s_wall.jpg

Love the seawall. It is a nice seascape all on its own. Your handling of the water and reflections is outstanding! And the textures of the seaweed on the beach, the grundgy growth on the lower wall deftly executed. What portion of it is from Designer and what portion is Photo?