You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi @slim barrowstone,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The purpose of the betas is to test new functionality/changes that otherwise could broke the commercial/retail version if implemented directly to it (upsetting all existing customers). All the changes and improvements added to the betas will end in the next retail update after being tested. Only customers who have acquired/purchased the application have access to the respective Beta (if they want to install/try it to gave us feedback during the beta testing phase). Usually, regular users/customers simply use the retail version for commercial/critical work and don't install the Betas.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, slim barrowstone said:

ty for the response i am a paid customer i was just wondering b/c i dont even see any changes in my paid copy but ty for the response 

Which Affinity applications are you running, where did you purchase them, and what version/release of each do you have?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:46 PM, slim barrowstone said:

hello my question is why do the beta always have updates and the paid version dont really update it seams to me your just better off not even buying it im just wanting to know 

That's the whole idea of BETA software. It's for testing and the users are encouraged to give feedback on it.
It's updated regularly with bug fixes and new features and once it's stable enough and considered ready for professional use then there's an update for the paid version.

Really, read up on the term "Beta software". It's a very VERY common term.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD