You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to shrink this my logo down without making it look blurry?

Downscaling from 2400 to 180 pixels is a conversion of 13.33333 original pixels to one downscale pixel (2400/180=13.33333) so – because of the non-integer factor – it’s unlikely that you will get a particularly smooth conversion, no matter which method you choose.
If you can upload the logo then people might be able to experiment with it to give you some suggestions but, without the original, it may be difficult for people to know which is the best method to recommend for this particular image.

Perhaps you could shrink the image from 2400 px × 2400 px to 150 px × 150 px (reducing it by a factor of 16) and then add a 15 px border all around to bring it back up to the required size.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I just gave that a shot and it's still very blurry at 150 x 150.

I'm attaching an affinity photo file of what I want it to look like, but at 1,000 pixels wide, as well as the original full-size image. 

The wordpress theme says that the ideal size of this logo is 120 x 60 pixels so that it can scale down to phones. 

jrr (12).jpg

EWLogoUpload.afphoto

As you reduce the size of that owl it's going to tend towards a dark blob
A bit of sharpening helps, especially the text

A curve to lighten the mid greys helps the owl at least to my eyes

Adjust to taste, good luck

Owl120x60.afphoto

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

This is 60 px wide, first AP and second PS exported. I do not think either is very blurry. Another thing is if there is need to show all details..

EWLogoUploadAP.png   

EWLogoUploadPS.png

and here PS resampled with more contrast:

EWLogoUploadPS2.png

And here AP resampled with even more contrast:

EWLogoUploadAP2.png

own_resize.jpg.326dd2138b801456142750731955f4b6.jpg

• 150 x 150 px resized from 2000 x 2000 px vectors ...

owl.jpg.90e53c2fc88c29e946ccc60c18f15551.jpg

The vector file (owl + backgr) so you can more easily scale it yourself (either only the owl, or together with the background) in the transform panel as you want and then export as bitmap.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

The difficulty here, is it's more like art than logo.

Logo are usually conceive with simplicity in mind to be able to reduce them, or only use part of them as small references.

With a simple Google search, I found sites giving good advices (focus on the illustrations):
https://venngage.com/blog/logo-design-tips/
https://www.logaster.com/blog/25-famous-brands-logos/

And bad ones... with icons or illustrations instead of logo... either they don't know what they're talking about, or just produce content with whatever illustrations they found.

edit]

Et un site qui les analyse avec un côté historique https://www.grapheine.com

[/edit]

9 hours ago, AntiqueFlaneur said:

My wordpess theme demands my logo be 180 px wide. 

AntiqueFlaneur, I did the same as v_kyr, vectorizing it, but also removed anything that wasn't white or black.  All the grays seemed to muddy the small image.  As a vector is the only way you'll have something clean that can be exported any size you want, if that is what you really need.

EWLogoUpload1.afdesign

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra