You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong Align icon highlighted

thomaso

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

I can't seem to replicate this. If you still can in the latest beta, please create a new post and we can have a look

A "new post" – or a new topic/thread? (pls, feel free to move/edit it accordingly / I had posted here since it's just a visual glitch.)

Yes, also in APub's Beta I get this unselected 'Align' button with a highlighted boarder. Here in light UI (and not-Separated Mode):

1907492874_paragraphtab-buttonhighlightissue.thumb.jpg.1f8d984d8dcd8d0afa1c0c9c4963f9fb.jpg

It reminds me to another odd UI related occurrence: In the Transform Panel my tab-key order is XW YH RS ... instead of XY WH RS.
Even more weird: very few times it is as expected (XY / WH), but ~ 99% it isn't. It can change within a session or between documents. Once it went wrong it never goes right again without app relaunch. – No idea at all what might influence this. Do you?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

What if you then click another than left align? Note in my sample the right align button is pressed but the left align button still shows the boarder.

And, since you are there, what tab order do you get in the Transform Panel? XY or XW ...?

Yes, read more in the first post below the screenshot. It's especially strange since it doesn't behave always this way to me. I have the vague impression, these issues are related but no idea how. – Any idea what might influence either of them?

Ah, the tab order issue got already logged as "afd-2272" in Oct. 2019.

• Staff

Ah, I got a bit confused by your first post. You said 'not-Separated Mode' so I just assumed it was the same thing for the transform panel. AFD-2272 seems to cover the wrong tabbing order for separated mode only. I have no idea what it could cause that wrong highlight. Have you only had the issue in that one panel? 

The tab order issue does happen in both modes to me, so in not-Separated Mode, too.
And it also happens with the transform panel docked (I vague remind at least 1 post about reporting it for only undocked transform panel).

The tab order works quite inconsistent across the entire UI.
In some panels the tab key ...
works fine – e.g. Colors Panel (note: fields are vertically only)
works but selects even navigation items like check boxes or arrow up/down buttons – e.g. Text Style Editor
doesn't switch field selection at all – e.g. Character/Paragraph Panel (note: there also clicking the label/icon in front of a field doesn't select the field at all)
just seems to not react but selects the Layer Opacity field in fact + changes its value when typing – e.g. Layer Effects Panel

(I wonder that you ask about other panels, in my impression it was reported quite a few times, though maybe not as separate topic of its own.)

Not that I am aware of any – e.g. these buttons within panels don't show blue highlight borders at all (... which feels to be the correct behavior):

2045825599_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-18um14_45_49.jpg.81bbec4c3e617622335313af74cbcb4e.jpg  978081094_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-18um14_46_04.jpg.1cf282a84275c63bc295938b30173415.jpg

990430395_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-18um14_48_35.jpg.9baeeae5c6ababf25c1af7f30483dd0d.jpg

Supplement to tab key order:
– In the Text Frame Panel the tab key order works fine ("Z"-order) but clicking a field label doesn't select its field.

1087630742_textframepaneltaborderokbutnolabelclick.jpg.a93cfde4a4a18a6e6c6d022db8a60bb7.jpg