Sign in to follow this  
laneallen

Black "blocking"/graphics glitch in Designer

I'm getting random graphic glitches in Designer for some reason. At first I thought it was due to importing .AI files since I have a ton, but I can't replicate it since it's random. Here's the effect:

affinity-bug-blocking.png

Zooming in/out does clear it, but it's happening enough times for me to at least post about it happening. Designer is the only app that is doing it, so I ruled out a failing graphics card (since I'm also working in 3D/Zbrush).

Times it happens:

Dealing with .AI files, no other apps open other than Safari/Finder. 

Screen recording with ScreenFlow (not dealing with .AI files).

Might revolve around copy + paste from one file to another.

Blocking is random, sometimes large area like above, sometimes small (about 200x200 px) block.

Always blocking of ~200x200 px sections.

Zooming does clear it.

Never occurs in any other design apps other than Designer; I use Zbrush, Blender, Sketchbook Pro, Mischief+

Anyhow, not overly pressing, but I thought I'd just post it's occurrence.

This sounds like some simple re-draw issues hence why zooming clears it. 

This could be due to the complexity of the files using more resources, are you able to attach a file here this occurs wih so we can take a better look?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi laneallen

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this with your file. Is there anything in particular you are doing when it occurs?

Which OS are you using and are you able to provide any specs for your mac?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Yosemite 10.10.5, 2012 iMac, 8GB Ram. Designer 1.3.5 in Separated Mode. I've recreated the issue which occurs when things are selected and a resize happens on the window. It also occurs more frequently while zoomed in at any percent (or maybe the entire canvas filled within the window). This is slightly different from the black blocks just appearing, and the blackout I'm getting here fills the entire canvas, but it's repeatable, at least on my system. I can also recreate the blackout with only one file open and a simple object of only four points, but only if the canvas fills the entire floating window. Also note that just started happening recently, and I use Designer a lot (and over a year now).

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.12.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-16%20at%2010.12.

Still getting these blocks at random times. I can pan through the document and the blocks stay, only forcing a zoom will it refresh. And when zooming, I get "see-throughs" at adjusted zooms even when the background extends past the document boundaries – this is also random. The see-through disappears when Command+0/Zoom to Fit is used. I can see a noticeable "compressing" (~1-2 pixels) of the document moving from one zoom level down (Command+-) to Zoom to Fit when the see-through occurs.

post-2496-0-90772800-1443071822_thumb.png

post-2496-0-86352900-1443071958_thumb.png